Is there a solo mining pool somewhere?

• @schnebi I don't understand why you want to set up a solo pool, that don't make sense... If you want to receive the whole block reward mine solo... the idea of a pool is for the miners to join forces... If only the best DL counts the miners are not joining forces, it would be the same as solomining?!

• @gpedro said in Is there a solo mining pool somewhere?:

@schnebi I don't understand why you want to set up a solo pool, that don't make sense... If you want to receive the whole block reward mine solo... the idea of a pool is for the miners to join forces... If only the best DL counts the miners are not joining forces, it would be the same as solomining?!

One reason would be that when mining solo my wallet always froze up, constant restart. Possible the wallet is more amicable to a pool with one person probing at it instead of my solo miner :)

• I have several miners and want to solo mine with all of them. But I have to connect them to the wallet or to the pool i want to setup via internet. Solo Mining directly to the wallet only works, when I am mining with the same pc the wallet is installed to. All the other miners can't establish a connection to the pc with the wallet over the internet. I already changed the configuration of the wallet to accept connections from everywhere but it isn't working..

• @rds Hmm I am not sure if that will be better with a pool... Have you checked with the task manager if the wallet is not getting out of RAM or CPU for some reason?

@schnebi In the Blago miner you have the ability to put your machine with the wallet to work as proxy, then you point all the other miners to this address wich will be the ip address of your internal network and the port you set up in the conf file... This will only work if you have the miners connected to the same network... If you have them in different internet connections, that would be a good reason to create a pool like what you are saying, i think... Although you would have to be able to change the code of the pool to manage the percentage of current/historical shares or be able to blacklist all IP addresses minus yours and you can still keep the rewards as they are because your pool will be completely private since only whitelisted addresses will be able to submit DLs ;D

• @gpedro The blago-miner-proxy thing is a good idea I will try this out.

Because of the pool being abolutely private: If I don't share the ip with anyone. How should anyone find out, that there is a pool running. Of course you could do port scanning. But I don't think this will happen

@rds Hmm I am not sure if that will be better with a pool... Have you checked with the task manager if the wallet is not getting out of RAM or CPU for some reason?

@schnebi In the Blago miner you have the ability to put your machine with the wallet to work as proxy, then you point all the other miners to this address wich will be the ip address of your internal network and the port you set up in the conf file... This will only work if you have the miners connected to the same network... If you have them in different internet connections, that would be a good reason to create a pool like what you are saying, i think... Although you would have to be able to change the code of the pool to manage the percentage of current/historical shares or be able to blacklist all IP addresses minus yours and you can still keep the rewards as they are because your pool will be completely private since only whitelisted addresses will be able to submit DLs ;D

Do you know how to set up a ninja pool? I would like to do that. I have miners in two different states and would like to solo mine to my own pool.

• @rds I don't but @haitch should be able to help you out...
    @schnebi People will be able to find your pool by checking in http://burstcoin.cc/ for instance... Your pool will be listed in there automatically (I think)...;D

• @schnebi hmm.. I tried it with the proxy thing... But i encountered, that even with solo mining my wallet confirms much to high deadlines to the miners..... Don't know why this happens...

@rds I don't but @haitch should be able to help you out...
    @schnebi People will be able to find your pool by checking in http://burstcoin.cc/ for instance... Your pool will be listed in there automatically (I think)...;D

I don't think it is automatically listed,

I think @haitch will start by telling me to set up a VM (vitrtual machine) which I have no clue how to do or if I even have the hardware/software to do it?

• @rds Not sure if that is right... A VM is like a virtual PC you set up inside your PC and you can do one for a minimum of 250 mb ram and 1 CPU thread so I am pretty sure you have the HW to do it... If you don't you don't even can mine properly xD

He will certainly be able to give you some good advices regarding to set up the wallet or what are the minimum requirements of HW to run the pool and wallet properly ;D

I can't because my wallet crashes all the time and I would not use it for solomine or for a pool for sure because it would need me to babysit it all the time... And I never tried to setup a pool or mine in solo mode so I can't really help you out with this ;D

@rds Not sure if that is right... A VM is like a virtual PC you set up inside your PC and you can do one for a minimum of 250 mb ram and 1 CPU thread so I am pretty sure you have the HW to do it... If you don't you don't even can mine properly xD

He will certainly be able to give you some good advices regarding to set up the wallet or what are the minimum requirements of HW to run the pool and wallet properly ;D

I can't because my wallet crashes all the time and I would not use it for solomine or for a pool for sure because it would need me to babysit it all the time... And I never tried to setup a pool or mine in solo mode so I can't really help you out with this ;D

If your "wallet crashes all the time" you'd have a serious problem with this machine. Both miner and wallet code run for months.

What does "crash" mean ? Please post the nxt.log (last paragraph suffices) ?

If you cannot connect your miners via localhost:8125 or on the same LAN e.g. 1.2.3.4:8125
    you have made a mistake in the config file. OR you still have a firewall thingy interfering - is this on Windows ?

You want to mine solo, so it's time to configure your wallet correctly.
    Blago's Proxy feature has another use case; if you mine with multiple machines on one account_id ON A POOL, you might get penalties for submitting deadlines in a senseless order. The deadline verification is a compute-intensive task and the one of the few limiting scaling factors for a pool. The Proxy has a "cleaning" function here, it will only submit a deadline to the pool if it is actually lower than the precursor.

• @vaxman said in Is there a solo mining pool somewhere?:

@gpedro said in Is there a solo mining pool somewhere?:

@rds Not sure if that is right... A VM is like a virtual PC you set up inside your PC and you can do one for a minimum of 250 mb ram and 1 CPU thread so I am pretty sure you have the HW to do it... If you don't you don't even can mine properly xD

If your "wallet chrashes all the time" you'd have a serious problem with this machine. My wallets (3) run for months.

What does "crash" mean ? Please post the nxt.log (last paragraph suffices) ?

If you cannot connect your miners via localhost:8125 or on the same LAN e.g. 1.2.3.4:8125
    you have made a mistake in the config file. OR you still have a firewall thingy interfering - is this on Windows ?

I don't have a pic of the wallet window, I am not running one now but I had no problem connecting to the wallet and successfully mining blocks, but randomly the wallet would not be on the current block, freeze/crash whatever you want to call it and depending on when I saw it, it might have been down 10 minutes or 10 hours, regardless sitting there mining blocks that were already mined not making any income. So I went pool, quite frankly burst.ninja is the most reliable pool out there, so worth the 2%, I rarely have to do anything but check in once in awhile.

• @rds so your wallet loses connectivity - what is displayed in the peers section ?
    I specificially asked for "nxt.log". Not a window, a logfile. It's there, look it up, post the last 20 lines or so.

• @vaxman said in Is there a solo mining pool somewhere?:

@rds so your wallet loses connectivity ? What is displayed in the peers section ?
    I specificially asked for "nxt.log". Not a window, a logfile. It's there, look it up, post the last 20 lines or so.

Thanks for trying to help here, but I don't have the logs for the solo mining timeframe, I flushed them awhile ago. If/when I do run local wallets, if they stick, I just turn them off, reload a known good DB and start them back up. So not sure which ones are the sticky logs. NExt time I run a wallet and it sticks, I will definitely grab the log and post it here.

• window 10 pro has hyper v and very easy to setup.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.