Mining on the Cloud

• LOOL xD I am just an hour on the forum and already feeling the love here. Great community :)))) @jervis Thanks for connecting me to the source ;) @gpedro Have you tried plotting and mining with bigger cloud drives ? 35 TB ?

• @CoinBuster No because i don't have one xD but i know someone already tried because i already seen it around here in some thread but actually i don't remember who was so you will have to search it around here... I do know that @BRUNORICMAG was trying but i doesn't get any more news since i talked with him so... But should be exactly the same, my knowledge is that all the clouds have a limit of 100Gb per file so you will have to do plots smaller than 100Gb and i advise you to upload in a folder instead of uploading the file directly (at least in google drive it was a little bit faster)

• @gpedro Thanks for the advice xD I read through the cloud mining tutorial - GREATLY APPRECIATED - its extremely helpful. I will try to mine from a 4 TB drive that I have received for free (There is a tutorial on how to set it up, I can share here if you like. I heard that people increased their free space on this cloud to 80 TB for free). If I could set it up it will be great. I hope that it won't be too slow though.

On a different topic, I tried to mine using my GPU, but having a weak one, its not convenient. Do you think that an external GPU could be used in this case ? If so, which one do you recommend for the sole propose of plotting ?

• @CoinBuster said in Mining on the Cloud:

@gpedro Thanks for the advice xD I read through the cloud mining tutorial - GREATLY APPRECIATED - its extremely helpful. I will try to mine from a 4 TB drive that I have received for free (There is a tutorial on how to set it up, I can share here if you like. I heard that people increased their free space on this cloud to 80 TB for free). If I could set it up it will be great. I hope that it won't be too slow though.

What are you talking about? do you received a 4Tb cloud drive for free? o.O Let me know how if it's that please... xD

On a different topic, I tried to mine using my GPU, but having a weak one, its not convenient. Do you think that an external GPU could be used in this case ? If so, which one do you recommend for the sole propose of plotting ?

I can't help you with that since i've never been capable of neither plotting nor mining with my GPU because mine is too weak (the only advice i could gave you is not NVidia)...

• @gpedro LooL XD. Here's a link to the guide : http://www.1mtb.com/how-to-get-36-tb-free-cloud-storage-from-qihoo-360-yunpan-cloud-drive/.

It's 2015 guide, so it won't work as they request a Chinese mobile number in order to open an account. Here is a post that helped me to hack this and open an account and receive free 4 TB :

============================================

THESE ARE UPDATED STEPS (2016-06-30) TO BE ABLE TO GET FREE 4TB IN 360 YUNPAN CLOUD DRIVE, WORKING! PLEASE READ<<
    ============================================
    MY TWITTER @metafaniel

Hi everyone.
    I managed to register even with the phone number step. Now 360 Cloud just offers 4TB for free, but is still great. You should use Google Chrome to be able to translate the website. It doesn't translate ALL but it certainly helps a little! Enough talk, into the steps:

1. The steps in this articule are outdated but are still useful to get 4TB, so you can follow the original guide but with differences I'll try to cover here.

2. Once you get into the create a new account step where there is a mainland chinese phone number required, I found a way to bypass this using an online service I found: http://www.getsmscode.com/?ref=46300 Let me explain. This website main goal is that one precisely (help users get foreign SMS verification codes using virtual phone numbers. China is covered of course.) This is how it works: this website generates a virtual chinese phone number; you can add this number in one of their supported websites, 360 Cloud is supported; then using their website you can get the SMS and finally use the code sent by 360 Cloud to be able to register. This is a paid service, yet is so cheap I didn't hesitate testing it. $0.1 USD per SMS. I made a $1 USD recharge to my account using PayPal, so it's safe. Here are the steps to get the verification code using this service:

2.1) Create an account at http://www.getsmscode.com/ (email, password, verification email).
    2.2) Login to your account.
    2.3) You start with free 0.2 in balance, but using this free credit the SMS received will be encrypted being illegible (Like Wasp oe9511). You can test the service beforehand if you want. I'd reccomend adding some real credit first to get the 360 Cloud code legible. To add credit, at the bottom of "User Home" section you can read "3. Top up you account,we accpect Paypal and Bitcoin". Follow the link. Follow the website steps to add balance. I followed the in middle stepts to add $1 USD balance (send payment, transaction ID, submit). Maybe less credit can be added. PEOPLE: I know paying in an unknown website can be frightening but I've already tested and it works!! (= Less than $1 USD to get 4TB of online storage is a good deal!!
    2.4) Now return to User Home (menu on the left, first option) and follow the steps to use the service at the bottom. In synthesis that is select: 360 Cloud as favorite service; select Get Verify SMS, Chinese Mobile, Get Chinese Phone Number. Select 360 Cloud, click to Capture Phone Number. Use that phone number at http://yunpan.360.cn/reg. Omit the +86 at the beginning of the number you have.
    2.5) If 360 Cloud new account form sends an error about the phone number already used, just try again with another one (at getsmscode.com click Add to Blacklist button, then Release Number button, then Capture Phone Number button and try again)
    2.6) After some seconds if everything went OK, you'll get the code at the botton text field at getsmscode.com (section Get SMS). You'll see chinese characters and some numbers. Use those to register at 360 Cloud!!
    2.7) Greetings, you've overcame that annoying mainlaind chinese phone number step to register!!1! =D

1. Now login at http://c66.yunpan.360.cn/my and you're in!!! 360 GB for free by now. Let's now change our login from the phone number we used to a custom username. Much better.
      3.1) In the upper right corner there is a grey guy icon and an arrow, click it, a menu will appear.
      3.2) Click the first option. This is the Security Center section.
      3.3) The very first option will open a new tab to i.360.cn To be clear I can't remember the exact steps, but translating the website to your language using Google Chrome, I'm sure you'll find here an option to set your username. Is the only option there if I remember well. The site will search if your username is available. If yes, save it and now you won't need that phone number to login, you can now login with your custom username and password!!

2. To upgrade you can now follow the rest of the article guide. Remember, you won't get 36 TB anymore, just 4TB.
      4.1) The guide steps where it mentions about a big yellow button are outdated, so avoid those steps. Just install the Windows and Android clients as described. (The article links are still functional).
      4.2) Install the Windows client and login. You'll upgrade to 1TB!
      4.3) Install the Android client. To login, click the 360 button, not the blue one. Type your user and password and tap the grey button. You now have upgraded your account to 4TB!!! ^_^

Is seems to be the account has some gamification, as you can level up and get more storage, I don't know how, but this will get you started people. If you manage to get more storage someway please share!!!

• @gpedro They have a feature that will help you receive more space if you complete certain tasks. There is a user claiming reaching 80TB of free space.

Maybe we can hack this together, and helping other people to use cloud mining for the future development of Burstcoin.

• @CoinBuster WOW that looks huge... I'll certainly try it xD

• @all Hey guys already signed and have made 3.95 Tb xP pretty cool... the problem is map or emulate this drive somehow on the PC... If anyone has any idea of how to do this... This cloud could be a huge thing for all the miners not only for small ones

• @CoinBuster hey, thank you so much for the cloud storage info, I'll try soon

• @CoinBuster Hh it doesn't want to change my password or anything else -,- And on the website the download link for the client is dead.

• @ID3F4CTED did you used the link on the tutorial? that is alright or at least yesterday were... And i do'nt tried to change the password but use the translation feature and see on the FAQ, i think you have to set up an email first to change the password and i think you'll need to verify the phone again to do that...

• @gpedro Still doesn't works for me but I'll leave this.

• @gpedro said in Mining on the Cloud:

@all Hey guys already signed and have made 3.95 Tb xP pretty cool... the problem is map or emulate this drive somehow on the PC... If anyone has any idea of how to do this... This cloud could be a huge thing for all the miners not only for small ones

Hey guys. I realize this thread is pretty dormant but I'm just hoping I'll get an answer.

I'm having the same issue. I don't know how to actually mine the disk space.
    If anyone would know, please fill me in. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

• @gpedro said in Mining on the Cloud:

@all Hey guys already signed and have made 3.95 Tb xP pretty cool... the problem is map or emulate this drive somehow on the PC... If anyone has any idea of how to do this... This cloud could be a huge thing for all the miners not only for small ones

Hey guys. I realize this thread is pretty dormant but I'm just hoping I'll get an answer.

I'm having the same issue. I don't know how to actually mine the disk space.
    If anyone would know, please fill me in. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

• @trexidomino You have to get a way of mapping the drive as a network drive, then you just mine with it xD
    If it's google or Amazon you can use NetDrive ;D

• @gpedro GREAT! Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.