@Gibsalot thank you for the helpful explanation. Much appreciated
Posts made by willward
Hi! Beware, newbie at large!
Hi, I have just started and have a few questiions.
- Would people mining with 1 Tb please be so kind as to share their experiences of various pools they have tried?
- I read that smaller size miners should join pools with longer target deadlines. On this advice, I have joined pool.burstcoin.party. I see they haven't found any blocks in the last 10 days. Should that worry me?
- I am finding quite a lot of very long deadlines - like 40 days, 60 days etc. This doesnt seem to be of any practical use, or do I misunderstand?
- Is there an optimal target deadline for 1Tb and if so, what do you consider optimal?
- I know the answer to this one isn't "cut and dried", but if anyone is willing to stick their neck out, which pool would you recommend for me and why?
- My local wallet doesn't seem to want to sync. I have tried deleting the database and starting over, but after 12 hours it is only on 24%. What are the implications of this and should I do? (if anything)
Sorry to bother you with these questions, which may seem pretty basic to some of you, but I would rather ask people who know these things than waste months trying to figure them out by trial and error.
Thanks in advance