Solo Mining how to

• hi all!
    i have this set up:
    passphrases.txt whit the wallet login words in the miner folder.
    i set reward assignment with my passphrase/burst address
    i'm running local wallet and it's synced
    i have this miner.conf file:

{
    "Mode" : "solo",
    "Server" : "127.0.0.1",
    "Port": 8125,

"UpdaterAddr" : "127.0.0.1",
    "UpdaterPort": 8125,

"InfoAddr" : "127.0.0.1",
    "InfoPort": 8125,

"EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths":["C:\PLOT+D:\PLOT+E:\PLOT", "F:\PLOT+G:\PLOT+H:\PLOT", "I:\PLOT+J:\PLOT+K:\PLOT", "L:\PLOT+M:\PLOT+N:\PLOT"],
    "CacheSize" : 40000,

"ShowMsg" : false,
    "ShowUpdates" : false,

"Debug" : true,
    "UseHDDWakeUp": true,

"SendBestOnly": true,
    "TargetDeadline": 691200,

"UseFastRcv" : false,
    "SendInterval": 100,
    "UpdateInterval": 950,

"UseLog" : true,
    "ShowWinner": false,
    "UseBoost": false,

"WinSizeX": 80,
    "WinSizeY": 60
    }

i already waited for the 4 block reward assignment confirmation.

all seem fine....
    but how to understand if i'm mining in SOLO in the right way???
    how to check it???
    any command to check it?
    thank you

• admin

@ItalianMiner72 If you're getting DL's submitted and confirmed, you're mining properly.

• if so, it seem i'm mining correctly!
    what about this:
    "*** Chance to find a block: 0.08401% (87500 Gb)"
    how to get "1 block each X days"???
    thank you

• admin

@ItalianMiner72 (100 / <chance of finding>) / 360 is how often you can expect to find a block, measured in days, remove the / 360 to get it measured in blocks.

• @haitch hi!!!
    i'm mining in SOLO since 2017-09-09 11:14:21 with 86TB.
    Nothing block found until now...
    how many time i need to try, before stop and switch to Pool mining??
    Any tip??
    thank you.

thank you.

• @ItalianMiner72 Sometimes you're lucky and find a lot of blocks in a short period, sometimes you have a dry stretch. I'm currently about 15 days "past due" for a block.

Over the long haul, you should make about the same whether pool or solo mining.

• @FlippyCakes said in Solo Mining how to:

@ItalianMiner72 Sometimes you're lucky and find a lot of blocks in a short period, sometimes you have a dry stretch. I'm currently about 15 days "past due" for a block.

Over the long haul, you should make about the same whether pool or solo mining.

HI!!!
    How TB do you have????
    really, i don't understand if is better SOLO or pool...
    i mean for the long run... minig at least for some months H24.

• @ItalianMiner72

I'd start with pool mining, because it's nice to get coins right away rather than wait days and days to hit a block.

I have 24 TB. Most people would say that's not enough to solo mine, I'd guess! I just don't want to babysit my miner and be switching pools when one goes down or a better one pops up. If I ever do resume pool mining, I'll try @haitch's 0-100 pool.

• @FlippyCakes said in Solo Mining how to:

@ItalianMiner72

I'd start with pool mining, because it's nice to get coins right away rather than wait days and days to hit a block.

I have 24 TB. Most people would say that's not enough to solo mine, I'd guess! I just don't want to babysit my miner and be switching pools when one goes down or a better one pops up. If I ever do resume pool mining, I'll try @haitch's 0-100 pool.

I'm beginning to think we need the 0-100 and a 100-0 pool because time and time again people just don't know if they're mining, and even sometimes they know they are but they don't want to keep checking constantly to make sure their wallet is still working, a "solo pool" with a couple hundred sets of eyes checking up might be the answer to the solo mining dilemma people face from just little to no experience...

problem is, then a lot of folks will stop running their own wallets which is not what we want to happen, we want more wallets on the network, at least, thats what I'm always told, especially since we still have so many stuck wallets out there...

• @Darkbane ,

I run 8 wallets constantly, and am currently pool mining. Your point is well taken. I actually ran a pool to solo mine with my 3 accounts to better watch if they were all working.

So mine on the 100-0 pool but still run a wallet, or two to support the network.

• @rds said in Solo Mining how to:

@Darkbane ,

I run 8 wallets constantly, and am currently pool mining. Your point is well taken. I actually ran a pool to solo mine with my 3 accounts to better watch if they were all working.

So mine on the 100-0 pool but still run a wallet, or two to support the network.

wow 8 wallets for 8x the potential stuck heh... I'm just glad to see pools breaking away from the "thats just the way its been done" pool calculations, options are always good, now I guess we'll wait and see if folks are even interested in a "solo pool" and if someone is interested enough in setting it up... I was delighted to see the 0-100 "true pool" as I call it appear, I think that was a great step to choices...

• @Darkbane ,

Unbelievably, they have been running about 2 months without a hiccup.

• @rds said in Solo Mining how to:

@Darkbane ,

Unbelievably, they have been running about 2 months without a hiccup.

thats fantastic! with the old 1.2.8 I would get maybe a couple days before something just stopped, never sure why or how, it just did, this was pre-attack too... how many peers do you connect with minimum/maximum with your wallets, I've often wondered if greater numbers of connections reduce the potential for quick blocks to throw some folks off the current consensus...

• @Darkbane , all the wallets are 1.2.9, 10 minimum, 80 peers max per wallet.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.