Can a pool mine on a pool?

• How can pool A submit DLs to pool B? Is it possible? I can change the reward recipient of pool A to be pool B. Does any pool software have the capability to send their DLs to another pool. Kind of like the proxy feature in the miner software. Where I can point miner A to Miner B and Miner B sends all the DLs to the network or a pool. Can a pool do this?

miner-----------\
    miner-------------\
    miner--------------- pool A ------------------------pool B----------network
    miner-------------/

• admin

@rds theoretically it's possible - but I'm not aware of any pool software you could do it on specifically - but thinking about it I think the pools could, but the question would still be - why ?

• @haitch ,

I was thinking about this, if you have multi account mining. Right now, you can point all your miners to a proxy miner so that if you switch pools you don't have to go into each miner config and adjust the pool paraments. You just change the proxy miner and you're good to go. When you look at the proxy output, the different miners get garbled, it's hard to see what miner got one deadline.

If you could point your miners to a small pool, that pool page would show graphically the DLs of each miner. If you don't point this pool to another pool, you are in essence solo mining with your multiple miners. Sending the small pool to a big pool give you the smoothing of a large pool. If you decide to change the big pool, you change the reward assignment for the small pool to the new big pool and you don't have to touch the individual miners.

That was my thought.

• admin

@rds Why would a pool operator point their pool at another pool?

You can point all your miners to a Blago proxy, and have that switch pools as you desire

• @rds said in Can a pool mine on a pool?:

miner-----------
    miner-------------
    miner--------------- pool A ------------------------pool B----------network
    miner-------------/

this is already how most pools run but its more like

miner-----------
    miner-------------
    miner--------------- proxy's/loadbalancer's ------------------------pool server ----------network
    miner-------------/

as far as configuring your miners thats up to the end user. You dont see other alt coins with gateways.... its all configured in your miniers conf

• @haitch said in Can a pool mine on a pool?:

@rds Why would a pool operator point their pool at another pool?

You can point all your miners to a Blago proxy, and have that switch pools as you desire

I'm the small pool operator, servicing my multi accounts, I don't want to solo mine.

• What happens if a pool changes the pool account reward recipient to some account other than itself. Can the pool mine (submit and get confirmend DLs) ? If it hits a block, where does the reward end up?

• Pool's themselves don't mine. The members of the pools mine then the pool distributes the funds to the members of the pool. If the pool changes its wallet that holds the funds from mined blocks then all miners will need to reset their reward assignments.

Pools check to make sure the reward recipient is set properly to avoid fraud of large miners basically solo mining while also getting the rewards for other miners who set the rewards properly. If all thats changed is the account that's 1 tx for the miner operators wallet regardless of hte number of miners they run.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.