Is burst coin dead?

• @Energy said in Is burst coin dead?:

@MorganDoel3 [...]

With 20 TB that is about 700 dollars, if we spend that in GPU and want to solo mine bitcoin we would not find a block in life and I think ETH we would not find any block

OK let me put some real perspective here. Today you could buy 3 - GTX 1060 3GB cards. You could mine using nicehash and make $5 per day (I know because I mine with a number of them. Cost of electricity would be 7.5 KW/h per day, which for me would be $1.15 per day. Net profit of $3.85 roughly.

Mining 20TB of burst on one of my machines earned 48, 28, 36, 31, and 46 burst. That averages 53 cents per day at today's price.

How exactly is that a good deal?

• @ScreamIndevnull said in Is burst coin dead?:

@Energy said in Is burst coin dead?:

@MorganDoel3 [...]

With 20 TB that is about 700 dollars, if we spend that in GPU and want to solo mine bitcoin we would not find a block in life and I think ETH we would not find any block

OK let me put some real perspective here. Today you could buy 3 - GTX 1060 3GB cards. You could mine using nicehash and make $5 per day (I know because I mine with a number of them. Cost of electricity would be 7.5 KW/h per day, which for me would be $1.15 per day. Net profit of $3.85 roughly.

Mining 20TB of burst on one of my machines earned 48, 28, 36, 31, and 46 burst. That averages 53 cents per day at today's price.

How exactly is that a good deal?

When you tell me that this has to do with mining alone I answer you.

Is that if I talk to you about cars and you talk to me about planes we do not get anywhere

• okay so to summarize ,what i am getting out of this,
    Burst is like a car and Ethereum is like a plane, but the planes hash power runs on electricity, which is expensive and is going to crash into the tiny car.

pretty sure that was the gist of it.!

• 0_1504726782530_e0aa843f-b326-415c-b802-c5177cfc6b22-image.png

• @Jaxblack I did not mean that, I was not comparing burst with etherum.

What I wanted to say is that we were talking about 20 TB is not enough to solo mining.

But this is normal in all currencies that have been on the market for several years and have a high difficulty.
    If you put mines bitcoins with 3 GPU in solo mining, is to throw the money as it is practically impossible to find any block.

That's why I say that talking about profitability or talking about the possibility of finding a block are different things.

• OK so what you are saying is investing 8X the money would net you the same profit? OK I will buy that.

My point is do not make unfounded claims that mining on video cards is a loser, when it clearly is not. Had I invested the $700 into 3 more 1060s (would have bought me 4 back then) back when I got into burst I would have made WAY WAY more money and profit. That's the reality. You can't prove or convince me otherwise.

All I have now is the hope that somehow burst increases in value by 10x to make some real profit. I won't hold my breath.

• @ScreamIndevnull how do you earn only 40-50 burst avg per day? my asset mines with 24tb and it nets around 500-600 per week. which is around 71-85 burst per day O_O wheres the luck at for you?

• @ScreamIndevnull and give him that if you want.

Tell me how many blocks would you find with those 3 GPUs with the solo mining ??? 0, is what we are talking about.

If you want to talk about what you say, I can tell you that right now in Spain maybe it would cost me 3 times more than you the electricity and that without counting the cost of the electricity from the ventilation system since it is summer and produce an unbearable heat and right now I can not have a dedicated space for them so they are in the room where I have the PC, so the only one who talks with unfounded data is you since you only consider what it costs you and you do not see that for others the costs can be higher.

What we talked about here, with 20TB right now it is very difficult to find a block, not impossible, with 3 GPU it is impossible to find a bitcoin block, so it does not matter as one coin is worth a thousand times more than the other if you do not find any block 2 are worth the same, 0

Next recommendation, do not trust the ones that say this pool is better than this, my experience tells me that you have to try them all and look for the one that best suits your conditions, because I see what they say around here that is achieved with 20TB and I was amazed since I with 8TB the last month I found 2 blocks and the last 9 days I had an average of 55 burst.
    Here you can see the data so that it is not said that I lie https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/account/14457743590057598946

• @Energy said in Is burst coin dead?:

@ScreamIndevnull and give him that if you want.

Tell me how many blocks would you find with those 3 GPUs with the solo mining ??? 0, is what we are talking about.

If you want to talk about what you say, I can tell you that right now in Spain maybe it would cost me 3 times more than you the electricity and that without counting the cost of the electricity from the ventilation system since it is summer and produce an unbearable heat and right now I can not have a dedicated space for them so they are in the room where I have the PC, so the only one who talks with unfounded data is you since you only consider what it costs you and you do not see that for others the costs can be higher.

What we talked about here, with 20TB right now it is very difficult to find a block, not impossible, with 3 GPU it is impossible to find a bitcoin block, so it does not matter as one coin is worth a thousand times more than the other if you do not find any block 2 are worth the same, 0

Next recommendation, do not trust the ones that say this pool is better than this, my experience tells me that you have to try them all and look for the one that best suits your conditions, because I see what they say around here that is achieved with 20TB and I was amazed since I with 8TB the last month I found 2 blocks and the last 9 days I had an average of 55 burst.
    Here you can see the data so that it is not said that I lie https://explore.burst.cryptoguru.org/account/14457743590057598946

I'm pretty sure he is comparing the cost of 3 GPUs to mine on nicehash vs that same amount of cost to purchase TBs of HDD space, no? Of course you can't hit any blocks with a GPU, duh :)

• @rds The problem is that he responds to me with something that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

If we talk about the profitability of the currency could give the reason or not, but is that we did not talk about that, the user complained that with 20TB was not able to mine alone, and I just say that is normal in any currency that works as the difficulty increases or you have to join a pool to mine or invest money.

If you invest right now 700 dollars to mine BURST, BTC, ETH .......... if you do not join a pool or a nicehash, only mining mode is throw the money

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.