Multiple BURST announcements & what to expect going forward

• @crutsy No problem it was just a misunderstanding. Thank you for your support :)

• @Gadrah_ That's a positive and informative post! I look forward to see what becomes of it. Grats on new profile pic :)

• admin

I checked in my conversation history with Gadrah_ and I see that it goes back a full year now. He has been contributing to this project quietly but very effectively over the last 12 months and he never asked for any credit or mention. Not many of you know that I designed and put content on burst-team.us, because there was no better website. (I am no designer or Web Developer but it seems I love to bite the bullet ...) But every Burst website before has been full of broken links and losing content every update.

The new Burst-team.us served well back in the day when Burst was way smaller but now it's time for something fresh and professional. Gadrah always helped me with the colors and charts with the current site and since some months he is working on a complete redesign. It looks incredible! Also he added and is still adding more content on top of it.

The last two difficult months the community had to grow up and hopefully realized that this project can't be run solely by a handful of people. I welcome every new website, forum and resource that has been launched the last weeks. @ryanw deserves respect for building and helping out the community as many others new active people these days.

Since some time now the Twitter, Youtube and other public communication channels need much more attention than I can offer. Burst grew too big that this can be done as a side job next to coding, testing and support. I see the task Gadrah describes above in very good hands with him.

• admin

@Gadrah_ Just to clarify, the us in burst-team was not meant to signify USA - I'm a kiwi after all, but "us" the burst-team .......

• Good news, it is great ! Good Luck

• @gadrah_ Thank you for the very informative post, you have hit the nail on the head, especially regarding updates from core and dev teams. In the past, the lack of transparency unfortunately created a vacuum which engendered much negativity and doubt in the community.

Regarding the new, more neutral website, this idea sounds professional and accessible to hopefully more people who will get involved in the Burst community.

To lay aside the childish nonsense that infected the community in the past is frankly a breath of fresh air.

Burst must put forward a unified, sustained and professional foot forward, as well as create links within the financial and business markets to really accentuate its prime operative, efficient status as a legitimate crypto currency.

• @Baron I 100% agree, there is a lot of room for improvement in those areas but we are working on it. The lauch of the new website will hopefully be the start of a new era for Burst where we can start focusing again on the things that matter. The community needs to step us as well and start being involved, advertising and creating value around our coin.

• @Gadrah_ I am so happy to see it all move forward. Thank you for this ray of sun shine. I am so happy to be part of BURST and the BURST family. Great work, great attitude, great person and great new pic.. Love it all ;)

• @daWallet it would also be nice to see websites like wikipedia edited with a "community links" portion which could possibly remain updated by community members so as people join or leave we will be able to keep active links to resources for folks in the event something does go down temporarily or more...

it would be a way for those making websites of various things to showcase them in a central place, I imagine what the "new" burst website would be as well... links to that new website, links to the various forum websites, links to the various software programs, etc etc... I think we just have a lack of communication that was attacked and showed how much we need to rebuild that base level for those events...

a "community links" portion where pools can add basic information on their own, rather than for one person to constantly check and update them, take the load off those trying to maintain information and allow the community to freely edit it and share that work... just trying to find a way others can join in without having to be "authorized" to do so and alleviate some of the time it takes to do menial things like that would let those with other talents focus on those things, like programming... ;)

• @Darkbane I am in the works of creating a site like this should be avaiable in a week or two

im looking at various site version and will make a choice on one

then will need to find a host and domain put it behind cloud flare

so give me some time for homework and alittle extra cash to spare

• @Darkbane piggybacking off that idea, there are open source Wikipedia style websites that allow people to write articles and stuff, just like Wikipedia. Why not use one of those, and maybe restyle it?

• admin

@kev626 I offered to host a wiki a while back if others could manage it, didn't get any responses

• @haitch ah really? Never heard about that. I would've helped out...

• Not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I've been working on a Burst network visualization slash block explorer for more than half a year now. It's in a perpetual stage of almost completion, but the spam/rain attacks on the network delayed development quite a bit, not to mention I have two young kids so only have an hour or less per day for development.

I posted a screenshot months ago during one of the rains when the transaction backlog was crazy.

Anyway, if I do say so myself it's quite impressive to see Burst in action, and fun to watch pending transactions get pulled into a block, or just scroll around the blockchain inspecting transactions.

• @haitch there is a wiki already ...

• admin

@darindarin I knew we had a wikipedia page, but an actual Burst wiki is apparently a well kept secret - what's the URL ?

• @FlippyCakes said in Multiple BURST announcements & what to expect going forward:

Not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I've been working on a Burst network visualization slash block explorer for more than half a year now. It's in a perpetual stage of almost completion, but the spam/rain attacks on the network delayed development quite a bit, not to mention I have two young kids so only have an hour or less per day for development.

I posted a screenshot months ago during one of the rains when the transaction backlog was crazy.

Anyway, if I do say so myself it's quite impressive to see Burst in action, and fun to watch pending transactions get pulled into a block, or just scroll around the blockchain inspecting transactions.

pretty cool! What did you use to do so? R?

• @vExact It's all javascript. It uses the D3 library for the force directed graph layout but with a lot of custom code for the graphics because the built in stuff was too slow. As it is, it doesn't work well outside of Chrome and could be optimized further.

• @darindarin He's not talking about that, he's talking about something like this.
    https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page
    https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.