Unique asset idea!!

• Hi fellow bursters :)

This post is not a asset (yet) this is to run a idea by the community before I make this asset and offer it. So I want to create a unique and amazing asset that will produce and have longevity on the AE. My plan is to both help my business and help grow burst and the AE at the same time. I feel that the AE could greatly benefit from some outside involvement. Some of you have probably seen post from me talking about expanding burst and the forum outside of our little circle and into social media this is just another idea I had that I think we all could benefit from.

Ok so here is my info on what I'm considering.
    I own A small business that has grown past my means and with the past months circumstances for my family I am not able to use my own funds to fund the growth any longer. I offer A very unique item in my field (I will release info on my item and field after I get info on interest and decide if this is the right move for my business) My business is A LLC and I have all documentation for my business to have it verified. My business has been open for 6 months 3 of which were preparation for opening it. I don't come from money and saved for A long time to get the money I used to start this. I had A good idea in a field I was very passionate about and I am very good at this particular work. I sourced ordered and designed everything myself (I build these from scratch myself I do not have them built and then rebrand it) Ive had my current model in the market testing for 5 months and ive been testing this tech for around 2 years myself so long before I decided to open my business (I was also a tester for other companys in this field for several years before I started building my own so plenty of experience) and my current model is literally blowing everything out of the water with a cheaper price point. So far all of my market testers have come back and placed retail orders for more. So now lets get down to business. The week before my daughter was born and got sick (beginning of june) I landed 7 retail stores that want to carry my product! I had a market tester who is in sales for one of the retail stores that could not believe the results of my product. Long story short when my daughter was born and got sick I contacted the stores and put everything off until I could get home and get back to work (That's now) All of the stores are still on board and I am preparing to start scaling up the business to be able to keep up. The crazy part is I'm currently taking so many orders from testers and word of mouth from testers that I am already running out of stock and cant stay working (they sell faster then I can stock them)

Now I am not A master business man and I wont lie to you this has been a crazy ride I never expected to grow and move so fast. What I can promise you is I'm very innovative and very good at what I do. Ive done all of this on my own at this point and will continue to keep working as hard as I have to this point. I am very passionate about this and I believe in hard work.

Heres what I want to offer and this is not set in stone. I would love feedback and ideas from you guys that will help to make this venture successful for both my investors and myself.

1. I want to offer a % portion of my business to A asset (so the asset would be treated as whatever that percent is owner of the business) This is A huge risk for me because this is my livelihood and ive built this myself from the ground up. Any asset holders will be treated as partners and any opinions voiced will be considered when making business decisions. Dividends will be payed out based on the percent owned by the asset just like A actual partner.
    2. Whatever I decide to do for shares will be all there ever will be unless the asset owners ever decide otherwise. I will never be able to offer or add more shares and delude the asset.
    3. I also am considering adding my currently mining 30tb burst miner to the business or asset to help back it but honestly putting my business up is already more value then most other assets. This is A 100% legit business with steady growth that is currently exploding with all documentation kinda A big deal for A asset.
    4. I will buy back shares as they are available when I can and hold them to give people A out if they decide they want it. There will be clear guidelines for this.
    5. My current idea for the % of the business I want to offer to the asset is 25%. I will not have millions of shares for this asset they will be kept low and will have A higher buy in cost.
    6. After the asset is created and offered to the community I will have A set timeframe that it will remain open before I decide if it is beneficial to do this. In that set time frame A certain amount of shares will need to be sold in order for the asset to continue. If the goal is not reached for sales I will have to make the decision on keeping the asset open and moving forward or not, if it is not worth it and will not be beneficial to both my business and asset holders then all shares will be bought back at exactly the same amount as they were purchased for.
    7. I will offer my product on the burst marketplace creating A new way for ppl to purchase it and hopefully bringing new ppl to burst through special promotional prices for ppl who buy with burst. I will do the same for my business and will accept burst as a form of payment at a discount (this could be good promotion for burst also)

This is everything to me, this business is my children's future and I'm taking a shot here so please understand what I am risking with you guys to bring something fresh and new to burst and the AE. My original plans was to goto both the bank and angel investors with what I have coming up this year and secure finance that way but I'm going to try this first. If you don't like this idea its fine to voice that and say why but don't bash me for it. If this is A bad idea ok that is fine but at least I am trying to contribute here.. Any ideas for the structure of this asset please voice them. Also anyone with experience in assets who wants to help me structure this please post it here first and then pm me so the community can see who I'm working with. I want to be transparent here so this is beneficial to my business and you investors.

• @explosive said in Unique asset idea!!:

Hi fellow bursters :)

This post is not a asset (yet) this is to run a idea by the community before I make this asset and offer it. So I want to create a unique and amazing asset that will produce and have longevity on the AE. My plan is to both help my business and help grow burst and the AE at the same time. I feel that the AE could greatly benefit from some outside involvement. Some of you have probably seen post from me talking about expanding burst and the forum outside of our little circle and into social media this is just another idea I had that I think we all could benefit from.

Ok so here is my info on what I'm considering.
    I own A small business that has grown past my means and with the past months circumstances for my family I am not able to use my own funds to fund the growth any longer. I offer A very unique item in my field (I will release info on my item and field after I get info on interest and decide if this is the right move for my business) My business is A LLC and I have all documentation for my business to have it verified. My business has been open for 6 months 3 of which were preparation for opening it. I don't come from money and saved for A long time to get the money I used to start this. I had A good idea in a field I was very passionate about and I am very good at this particular work. I sourced ordered and designed everything myself (I build these from scratch myself I do not have them built and then rebrand it) Ive had my current model in the market testing for 5 months and ive been testing this tech for around 2 years myself so long before I decided to open my business (I was also a tester for other companys in this field for several years before I started building my own so plenty of experience) and my current model is literally blowing everything out of the water with a cheaper price point. So far all of my market testers have come back and placed retail orders for more. So now lets get down to business. The week before my daughter was born and got sick (beginning of june) I landed 7 retail stores that want to carry my product! I had a market tester who is in sales for one of the retail stores that could not believe the results of my product. Long story short when my daughter was born and got sick I contacted the stores and put everything off until I could get home and get back to work (That's now) All of the stores are still on board and I am preparing to start scaling up the business to be able to keep up. The crazy part is I'm currently taking so many orders from testers and word of mouth from testers that I am already running out of stock and cant stay working (they sell faster then I can stock them)

Now I am not A master business man and I wont lie to you this has been a crazy ride I never expected to grow and move so fast. What I can promise you is I'm very innovative and very good at what I do. Ive done all of this on my own at this point and will continue to keep working as hard as I have to this point. I am very passionate about this and I believe in hard work.

Heres what I want to offer and this is not set in stone. I would love feedback and ideas from you guys that will help to make this venture successful for both my investors and myself.

1. I want to offer a % portion of my business to A asset (so the asset would be treated as whatever that percent is owner of the business) This is A huge risk for me because this is my livelihood and ive built this myself from the ground up. Any asset holders will be treated as partners and any opinions voiced will be considered when making business decisions. Dividends will be payed out based on the percent owned by the asset just like A actual partner.
    2. Whatever I decide to do for shares will be all there ever will be unless the asset owners ever decide otherwise. I will never be able to offer or add more shares and delude the asset.
    3. I also am considering adding my currently mining 30tb burst miner to the business or asset to help back it but honestly putting my business up is already more value then most other assets. This is A 100% legit business with steady growth that is currently exploding with all documentation kinda A big deal for A asset.
    4. I will buy back shares as they are available when I can and hold them to give people A out if they decide they want it. There will be clear guidelines for this.
    5. My current idea for the % of the business I want to offer to the asset is 25%. I will not have millions of shares for this asset they will be kept low and will have A higher buy in cost.
    6. After the asset is created and offered to the community I will have A set timeframe that it will remain open before I decide if it is beneficial to do this. In that set time frame A certain amount of shares will need to be sold in order for the asset to continue. If the goal is not reached for sales I will have to make the decision on keeping the asset open and moving forward or not, if it is not worth it and will not be beneficial to both my business and asset holders then all shares will be bought back at exactly the same amount as they were purchased for.
    7. I will offer my product on the burst marketplace creating A new way for ppl to purchase it and hopefully bringing new ppl to burst through special promotional prices for ppl who buy with burst. I will do the same for my business and will accept burst as a form of payment at a discount (this could be good promotion for burst also)

This is everything to me, this business is my children's future and I'm taking a shot here so please understand what I am risking with you guys to bring something fresh and new to burst and the AE. My original plans was to goto both the bank and angel investors with what I have coming up this year and secure finance that way but I'm going to try this first. If you don't like this idea its fine to voice that and say why but don't bash me for it. If this is A bad idea ok that is fine but at least I am trying to contribute here.. Any ideas for the structure of this asset please voice them. Also anyone with experience in assets who wants to help me structure this please post it here first and then pm me so the community can see who I'm working with. I want to be transparent here so this is beneficial to my business and you investors.

I wont pick this apart I'll leave that to @RichBC . The one problem is if this is seriously a portion of your buisiness how could we claim legal ownership for it. Not sure how that would work if you know what I mean.

• @explosive I like the way you have presented your venture. It makes also quite a difference when you have a business already producing value and income than something you may create but still not having clear results. I like also your initiative of introducing Burst as a form of payment and promoting it by means of discounts. So you got my attention, just waiting to know what exactly you are good at :)

• @kmaxkmax

Ive thought about this also. I was thinking that A few share holders that were voted in by the asset could be like a board for the asset and then A separate entity could be opened that the share of the business could then be sold legally to and each member could then own a part of said entity (like a investment club or what not) Like I said I'm no master at this and the above idea may not even be legally possible but that's why I posted this thread first to get ideas and make A game plan before moving forward. I'm open to any suggestion's and I'm fully aware what I propose here is not going to be easy or cut and dry but I think if there is enough interest there are plenty of individuals in our community that together we can come up with a safe and legal way of doing this.

• @vExact

More information will be provided in detail before I release this as a asset. I want to make sure there is a shot at this working before I put myself to far out there I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm all about making this work if it is possible but I also want to take it one step at A time in order to do it without making any mistakes and costing instead of producing :) I have sent @haitch A quick pm waiting to hear back and I'm more then willing to provide not only verification but also show my face :)

I'm going to give it a day or two for everyone to discuss what I'm offering and then I will decide on if I think it is possible to make this happen then upon advice from A few trusted members will release more info. please follow and be patient and hopefully we can come up with a good game plan :)

• @kmaxkmax

Actually now that I think about it it wouldn't be A issue of share holders claiming ownership because your shares would do that. The issue would be the asset claiming ownership because technically the asset would own the portion of the business then through your shares you would own pieces of the asset which is owning the part of the business.

Correct me if im wrong here please and any ideas how to attach ownership to the asset?

• admin

@explosive This is an interesting proposal, and one I'll invest in if it happens. But I suspect that making it an asset has higher legal requirements than other assets - this is about ownership of part of your real life company. I would suggest professional advice be sought before releasing this, and advising on the legal standings.

• I mean I just read all that while battling falling asleep the whole way and I have no idea what industry your business is in or wtf this thing is you make. Did I miss something?
    Interest on scale of 1 to 10.....1

• @haitch

Thanks haitch. Im going to give it a few days to discuss the basic idea and concept and if the interest is there which i think it will be based off of the past few hrs then i will get some legal advice on the idea before finalizing a plan and releasing. Honestly I really think this will be great for both partys.

• @Dillion

No you didnt miss anything. I have not released that info yet. At this point im getting feedback on the idea and concept from the community and if interest is there and a solid plan that is legally feasible is possible then I will release all the info on my business. From a new business that is taking off stand point i just dont want to put to much out there until im sure i want to offer the asset because parts of my business plan are unique and innovative and the possibility for copying could be there. Im trying to be cautious and ide hope that most will appreciate that especially if they would invest.

• So it looks like the biggest issue here will be established ownership of the portion of the business legally. Anyone with real world knowledge of any way to do this please chime in.. Im willing to put in leg work whenever is needed.

So it looks like the biggest issue here will be established ownership of the portion of the business legally. Anyone with real world knowledge of any way to do this please chime in.. Im willing to put in leg work whenever is needed.

Well not really a legally degree or experience, neither do I know USA laws that well, but I have a suggestion that you can do to your lawyer and he will tell it if you can do it or how should you do it...
    Basically the idea is that you do a document where you transfer the 25% to an escrow (like your lawyer, wife, someone from the community or any other person than you for that matter), then i think its like someone bought Google shares and made an asset on Burst with an investment plan on those shares...
    In Portugal these kind of documents are called "Procurações", wich translated to English would be something like "Searchactions" or "Searchshares" but I believe you guys have a different name for it because I never heared about any of this 2 words before LOL

EDIT: Actually google translator says "Procurações" are "Power of attorney" so here you go for the solution of getting a way of representing the shares of the company xD At least I think it should be legal that way...

• questions not in any particular order
    #1 if sales are not high enough and you do a buyback you say for the exact same price ( will that be amount in burst or fiat value of burst )
    #2 as @haitch stated this would basicly be like offering stock in a company witch from a legal point involves a whole lot more than just making a post here and creating an asset on the burst AE
    #3 what type of product is it ??
    #4 who do you have already 100% on the book going to carry your product ?
    #5 where is your shop / factory ?
    #6 how many people do you currently employ ?
    basicly if im going to invest into a company i want to know everything about it and what it does first.

• To keep it 100% legal and legit in the states your going to have to get the SSN#, address, etc etc of every holder. The same information one would have to give to a broker to buy a share of a company listed on the NYSE or NASDAQ. Also in the states it is illegal to issue shares of a business to the public unless you have permit from the SEC which at last time I checked was just under $200k.

Also to keep it legit and legal you'll have to form a partnership/contract with all the holders. Many templates online that make that part easy but you'll have to get each holder to sign, date, personal info etc.... Basically this will need to be a private asset to keep it within our outrageous finance laws.

I understand you not wanting to put much info out there on what this business does but you didn't put any info at all out there. If you want to create some interest your going to have to toss us a bone or two.......I mean you can give some detail without revealing your whole plan. For now as far we know you might make elephant trunk size dildos or push button pens that are easily converted to crack pipes.

1.Have you tried to get a business loan from a bank?
    a.yes
    b.no

If b. Why not? _________________________________________________________________________

If a. Please Explain

2.How much debt does your company currently carry?
    a. none
    b. under $10k
    c. 10k-25k
    d. 25k-50k
    e. over 50k

1. Please select which industry would best describe your company.
      a. telecom
      b. computer
      c. services
      d. transportation
      e. heavy industrial
      f. light industrial
      g. entertainment
      h. food and beverage

• @Dillion as far we know you might make elephant trunk size dildos LMAO i choked on my MT Dew reading that

LLC

Hmm too many words but very little information is my first reaction. Very uncertain about the legalities, but let's put that to one side.

My advice, if this product is as good as you claim, would be to look to friends and family or perhaps kickstarter for finance. You are already taking a big risk this is not the time to be making that risk much bigger by using the currently fragile Burst Asset as a vehicle for raising money.

Rich

• Ok guys thanks for helping me see a few details that i hadn't thought of yet. There are a lot of questions today and respnses i will respond to each of you in a bit. So im thinking that the original way i presented this may not be possible. I need to contact someone today for some legal advice and also need to address a few of these issues today. As stated earlier i know this wont be cut and dry and these issues are not cause for me to give up on my idea just need to change how it is done.

Ok so alot of responses on what may not work about this any ideas on a asset that will work and still keep the basic idea to benefit the AE, investors and business?

I have also decided to give more info on my business today. Even though the interest hasn't been for my exact idea you guys are at least here which means my idea needs to be tweaked but isnt dead.

• Hey guys having trouble with the forum on my pc. I will be answering questions and also posting updates as soon as i can get it working right because my phone is to hard to post on. I did get a chance to get some legal advice today it was brief and from a friend of my dads but still works for now lol.

• So after A crazy few days for me and getting a lot of advice on my business right now some regarding this idea Ive found out that this idea is not possible :( sorry guys I really wanted to offer something unique to burst and the AE but both legally and from A business stand point giving away a portion of my business to the AE is A bad idea..

On another note I am open to ideas on other ways to offer a asset involving my business some way that can benefit burst and the AE. Any thoughts or ideas are more then welcome in the future.

I also still plan on offering burst as a payment. it may take a wile before I'm ready but I will do this with A discount for purchases made with burst.

The advice I was given is to first approach investors with what I have built and my plan is to first try and find a investor to come on as a 40% partner in the business with the goal of them backing the business financially and handling the business end of things and some technical online stuff to take some of the load off of me so I can focus on designing more new innovative models and designs and also keep production up. If I do not find A single investor to come on as a partner I will then look into multiple investors that would just be financial investors. If both of those avenues fail I will take out A business loan through my business account and will fund it myself (I am able to get A business loan I got A small one months ago and paid it off almost right away but I would rather not have debt and honestly need help on the business end so A business savvy partner would be ideal)

Now for what I do. I wont get into to much detail but at least wanted to let you guys know because of the helpful comments and interest. I build LED horticulture Lights that are both custom, cost effective, efficient and unlike any other product in the industry. I am involved with research in Parkinson's disease and I am trying to get into the corporate produce industry with a revolutionary way to grow produce indoors and produce as much in a contained space as would be produced in 2 to 3 times the space needed out doors. This would eliminate the killing of the worlds bee population due to dangerous pesticides that these large companys use. Some of the things ive learned since I entered this field is that what the media lets us know about the global bee population issue is no where near the whole of the problem and both governments, scientist and these big produce corporation's know that change has to happen. One of the controversial parts of what I do is being involved in the medical Marijuana industry. Although not directly but by building grow lights. My biggest income right now are from caregivers and medical cultivators. I am legit and will only deal with legit companys on this end. The 7 retail stores I'm now in are hydroponics stores and garden stores and right now the majority of there business comes from this field. So far my lights have been tested against around 80% of the top LEDS on the market right now all with 2x to 5x the price tag and my lights have beat out every single one they also out produce hps lights by over 2.5x with half the energy consumption. My current project to create the lightest and most efficient LED with A self contained energy system that captures any stray light and then reuses said light turning it back into photons has finished its first test and works. there is nothing like this in the entire world and if I can now refine it and make it cost effective it will be the most advanced LED horticulture light on the planet and will make it possible to create sustainable food supply in very small space very efficiently.

Thanks for the interest guys and I hope to be able to offer something that will work soon :)

• @explosive that sounds really interesting! All the best on your venture and hopefully you can find an optimal way to move your business forward. Good luck and Godspeed with everything :)

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.