One wallet mining in 2 PC systems. Each system contains 50TB. Does it decrease efficiency of mining?

• I have one wallet, but I have 100TB (20x5TB) to mine burst and I have 2 PC systems. I want to split 50TB to mine in one system and 50TB remaining for other one. But I do not know, when i do that, does it decrease efficiency of mining speed or increase it?
    At present, I plugs all 100TB into 1 system but when it is mining, the speed too slow because the CPU bottle-neck.

Thanks for anyone reading and answer this question for me!

• admin

@Teppi If the drives are already plotted - split them, it'll improve your mining speed.

• No it does not decrease, it increase efficiency.

• read speed is 2 x's faster ( if both machines were the same ) which can mean the difference of wining a 30 second deadline or losing it to someone with a 45 second deadline. because they submitted it faster than you as your 30 second deadline took 55 seconds to find and they won the block at 45 seconds.. before you submitted

• @Teppi said in One wallet mining in 2 PC systems. Each system contains 50TB. Does it decrease efficiency of mining?:

I have one wallet, but I have 100TB (20x5TB) to mine burst and I have 2 PC systems. I want to split 50TB to mine in one system and 50TB remaining for other one. But I do not know, when i do that, does it decrease efficiency of mining speed or increase it?
    At present, I plugs all 100TB into 1 system but when it is mining, the speed too slow because the CPU bottle-neck.

Thanks for anyone reading and answer this question for me!

I see people saying yes to split your systems, but I haven't seen anyone suggest you switch from a CPU miner to a GPU miner that makes use of an aftermarket GPU like say a GTX 1070 or an RX 570 for example... rather than spend the money on a completely new system, you may be able to just add a GPU to process all the data, since you said the CPU was the bottleneck... if you already have a second computer laying around unused, then I guess its easier to use that, but if you're going to spend money on a whole new system, consider a GPU?

• @Darkbane because most of the people us the CPU plotters in the servers we run to house the storage

And the GPU miner can be a pain

• @manfromafar said in One wallet mining in 2 PC systems. Each system contains 50TB. Does it decrease efficiency of mining?:

@Darkbane because most of the people us the CPU plotters in the servers we run to house the storage

And the GPU miner can be a pain

whats the pain with the GPU miner, my experience is limited but I can't say I've really had any problems with the version I am using... and its easy to get a GPU into most server cases, even smaller ones where you need to use a riser card of some sort, as long as you have room for a 2-slot card you can squeeze one in... just offering the suggestion, because I'm sure buying a whole new server, even if its used, will still likely cost more than a single GPU that can do the job?

my 1050 TI (which will fit into many 2U cases with a riser and easily the 4U cases I see many using) more than handles what I am doing, thats a $125 fix... not sure the maximum amount of TB that can support or MB/s really, but I would take a $125 solution over $500 or more? thats an extra $375 in HDD right? ;)

P.S. I'm enjoying your pool as we speak!

• I'm in the same boat, splitting my current 60TB between 2 PCs and it seems to be working pretty well. I need to work on my 2nd PC though as the speeds are slower than #1. I have also tried the GPU miner (Jminer) was wasted the better part of 3 days and wasn't able to get it running, even with the help of Haitch and a few others here. Some issue with it not connecting to wallet, even after it got 1-3 dl's but then it just stopped, so I gave up for now.

Really, how much speed gain are most of you getting with Jminer vs the newest Blago CPU with AVX2? Both of my PCs have i7 K series CPUs so can take advantage of the AVX2 functionality. On PC1 (6800k, X99 Mobo, 16GB 2133 RAM), I get 84-87 MB/s per each 5TB Seagate Expansion and about 100-105 MB/s on my 2 faster drives (4tb 7200rpm internal & 6tb external). All 6 externals on this pc are direct plug into Mobo as trying to use a hub slows them down by about 10-15%. I have a 5-port PCIe slot USB expander to enable further direct plug ins down the road.

On PC#2 (4790K, 8GB 1600 RAM) the best i can get is about 72-74 MB/s but all of those are plugged into a bub as that Mobo only has 2 USB 3 ports. I may put in 8GB more ram on that PC to see if I can close the gap a bit but there's nothing i can do about the hub usage as I am using all 6 PCIe slots to mine ETH + DCR on that rig.

So, would be curious what kind of speeds those of you using Jminer are able to get per optimized drive. Is it well over 100MB/s?

• @GabryRox said in One wallet mining in 2 PC systems. Each system contains 50TB. Does it decrease efficiency of mining?:

I'm in the same boat, splitting my current 60TB between 2 PCs and it seems to be working pretty well. I need to work on my 2nd PC though as the speeds are slower than #1. I have also tried the GPU miner (Jminer) was wasted the better part of 3 days and wasn't able to get it running, even with the help of Haitch and a few others here. Some issue with it not connecting to wallet, even after it got 1-3 dl's but then it just stopped, so I gave up for now.

Really, how much speed gain are most of you getting with Jminer vs the newest Blago CPU with AVX2? Both of my PCs have i7 K series CPUs so can take advantage of the AVX2 functionality. On PC1 (6800k, X99 Mobo, 16GB 2133 RAM), I get 84-87 MB/s per each 5TB Seagate Expansion and about 100-105 MB/s on my 2 faster drives (4tb 7200rpm internal & 6tb external). All 6 externals on this pc are direct plug into Mobo as trying to use a hub slows them down by about 10-15%. I have a 5-port PCIe slot USB expander to enable further direct plug ins down the road.

On PC#2 (4790K, 8GB 1600 RAM) the best i can get is about 72-74 MB/s but all of those are plugged into a bub as that Mobo only has 2 USB 3 ports. I may put in 8GB more ram on that PC to see if I can close the gap a bit but there's nothing i can do about the hub usage as I am using all 6 PCIe slots to mine ETH + DCR on that rig.

So, would be curious what kind of speeds those of you using Jminer are able to get per optimized drive. Is it well over 100MB/s?

I have the problem of being only able to use AVX and not AVX2 as I have an older E5-1650 CPU which is the whole reason I went down the GPU miner road... with AVX I am only able to get 80MB/s peak, but with the GPU miner I am able to double that and read plots in half the time, taking me from 30 seconds to 15 seconds...

if most of your drives are only getting <80MB/s with AVX2 I think its fair to say your bottleneck is those drives, I believe I've seen screenshots from posts where people reached up to roughly 120MB/s with AVX2, and since you have some drives reaching >100MB/s I think you're confirming your bottleneck is the slower HDD/HUB...

sounds like you have little reason to switch since you're using the GPU's to mine other cryptocurrency, but you can see the dramatic difference it made for me since I was stuck using AVX which was my bottleneck (and since I'm not using my GPU)...

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.