Question about Blago Settings

• Hi,

I'm setting up my first plots soon. I have some questions about the Blago miner. I'll get right to them since you're probably all busy, and then explain my first BURST setup below.

"CacheSize" : 40000,

What units are these in? Nonces? 40000*256KiB = 10GB? That can't be right? Blago is consuming 3MB of RAM? What should I set this to? My miner has 8GB installed at the moment, but my main PC has 32GB.

"ShowMsg" : false,
    "ShowUpdates" : false,
    "Debug": true,
    "UseHDDWakeUp": false,

What are these? Blago needs a wiki. :P The HDD wakeup only seems to trigger every 4+ minutes, which won't stop anything from parking its head? What do the other ones refer to?

"SendBestOnly": true,
    "TargetDeadline": 80000000,

I read that TargetDeadline doesn't matter when in a pool? Correct?

"UseFastRcv" : false,
    "SendInterval": 100,
    "UpdateInterval": 950,

?

"UseLog" : false,
    "ShowWinner" : true,
    "UseBoost" : false,

I see many example configs with UseBoost set to true? What is it, and why is mine false?

Thanks!

Right now I have 1TB plotted and mining, using Xplotter and Blago. I also tried the GPU -direct plotting, but it wasn't much faster, so I opted to just mine Ethereum and use CPU plotting. I ordered some 4TB Seagate drives for $130 CAD ($100 USD) and have my bat files planned out to plot them once they arrive. I will soon have an extra 12TB available. :) I've got an old AMD board with an APU (yes, it supports AVX!), 8 SATA3/600 ports, 5 PCIe ports. It's turning into my 24/7 mining machine. :D

Cheers, and nice to meet you all.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.