True size of Burstcoin network

• Been trying to get a better estimate of the total capacity of the Burstcoin network. I previously asked what the size was

@Blago said
    netDiff = 18325193796 / baseTarget (where Burst block 0 BaseTarget = 18325193796)

But to me the network difficulty and network size are completely different.

So I did the following calculation to calculate the total network capacity....

My miner is 169TB
    My pool historic contribution is 2.298%

So 1% of my pool is 169/2.29 = 73.79

=> 100% of my pool is 7279TB

At this point in time, my pool had won 17 of 205 blocks for the day

17/205 = 8.29% of the total blocks

So if 7279TB is aprox 8.29% of the total network capacity

then 1% of the total network capacity is 878 TB
    then 100% of the total network capacity is 87,800 TB

Almost 88PB.

At the same time 44,653TB was the estimate of http://burstcoin.biz/stats (estimated size)

My calculations although rough approximates do indicate that the estimated size is way off. Also given my mining rewards I am thinking my estimate is more accurate.

Can others do the same calculation for their plot size and pool block wins and post the results here for comparison.

All comments welcome.

• @iKnow0 Repeating your calculation with my 80TB. I am on the same Pool.

I get a network size of 61PB.

Although you calc is valid i think the time frame you are doing it over is way too short. Also our Historic Share of the Pool would be significantly influenced by winning a Block.

What I would say is that relative to a Month ago my earnings are massively down having gone from around 2500 / Day to around 350 / Day. I used to average 2 Blocks a Day, now I am lucky to make 1 Block in a Week and have now been 10 Days without a Block.

Rich

• @RichBC Ninja is down btw, i agree about the time frame but trying to find a stable pool is getting harder. Will be interesting to see some results from other pools.

• @iKnow0 I really do not know what to do Pool wise. Was quite happy with ccminer for some time but switched to the new ninja and my earnings improved a little, hopefully it will be back up soon.

I was uncertain at first about the 500 Blocks for Historic Share but I actually think it stabilises the Share and will penalise anyone dipping in and out of the pool which is fine by me.

Rich

• @RichBC , your method is exactly what I have been doing for months to get that number. Ninja is a great pool to do it because they use 500 blocks.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.