burst.ninja pool official re-launch! V3.1

• -Ninja official re-LAUNCH with newly modified V3.1 code!

Hello everyone, I'm going to make the official launch of burst.ninja pool on new v3.1 code (it has been running great during the last week of beta testing, and I believe it is ready to be launched.)

The only thing, the bonus account isn't functioning right now, but that's not a problem keeping the pool from working, so I'll make sure that gets handled here shortly.

Also a few modifications as far as the explorer links going to the BN explorer, etc...

Just awaiting the dev's return from a short vacation.

Ninja has been moved to its original DNS, http://burst.ninja

Thanks everyone!

looking forward to getting ninja back to its former glory. :)

edit - connections will still be accepted on beta.burst.ninja as well, so people who were mining there don't need to make any modifications to their miners. :)

This version of the pool has multiple redundant wallets that it runs off of, so there should be hardly any wallet issues. :)

• @crowetic Great, thanks for the update!

• @crowetic what config will you be using?

Fees? Are they all going to miners?
    Minimum Deadline?
    Pool fee, what % and and how long before its increased?

Can you explain the Historic block payout, for the new code.

Thanks

• admin

Moved to pool announcements.

• @iKnow0 said in BURST.ninja POOL OFFICIAL RE-LAUNCH! V3.1:

@crowetic what config will you be using?

Fees? Are they all going to miners?
    Minimum Deadline?
    Pool fee, what % and and how long before its increased?

Can you explain the Historic block payout, for the new code.

Thanks

All the information is currently there in the pool info section.

As of right now, the settings are similar to the other version of ninja.

Once cat comes back online I'll have various changes made.

• @crowetic The other 40% is shared over miners who submitted nonces for the previous 500 blocks.

Could you elaborate on this a little or post the exact formula used.
    Example: What happens when a miner only has valid nonces 90% of the time, how does this reflect in the payout.

@crowetic The other 40% is shared over miners who submitted nonces for the previous 500 blocks.

Could you elaborate on this a little or post the exact formula used.
    Example: What happens when a miner only has valid nonces 90% of the time, how does this reflect in the payout.

you can see the historic share percentage, that's the split of the other 40%.

A miner that has valid nonces 90% of the time, will still fit into the same payout scenario, the percentage they receive is split in the same way, they would have a spot in both current round and historic, given the fact that they submitted a share at all in current round.

• @crowetic so the historic share
    is it their average deadline for the last 500 Blocks?
    is it their average deadline for the last 500 Winning Blocks?

Still not clear to me, maybe a worked example would bring more clarity.

@crowetic so the historic share
    is it their average deadline for the last 500 Blocks?
    is it their average deadline for the last 500 Winning Blocks?

Still not clear to me, maybe a worked example would bring more clarity.

Don't know but 500 winning blocks can't be. If you leave the pool your historic share falls off the bottom within a day. 500 winning blocks may be 2 months-6 months depending on # miners.

• meh, I can learn to love again lol. Switching reward now

• @crowetic Good news. Thanks!

It's been fun mining on the beta site this week with a handful of others (five hands full as of right now). The site looks good and seems to be working well. It just needs one thing: a LOT more miners!

Hopefully your announcement will convince the old miners to return and potential new miners to try it out.

Come give it a shot people: when more hands stir the pot, more coins fall out!

• so i just put burst.ninja in miner config?

• yes and port 8124

• @Evo said in BURST.ninja POOL OFFICIAL RE-LAUNCH! V3.1:

@crowetic Good news. Thanks!

It's been fun mining on the beta site this week with a handful of others (five hands full as of right now). The site looks good and seems to be working well. It just needs one thing: a LOT more miners!

Hopefully your announcement will convince the old miners to return and potential new miners to try it out.

Come give it a shot people: when more hands stir the pot, more coins fall out!

Thank you.

With all the nonsense going on lately, the re-launch of ninja has been the only thing that I'm actually happy about. Glad you're also happy.

• I'll give it a go

• @tross said in BURST.ninja POOL OFFICIAL RE-LAUNCH! V3.1:

yes and port 8124

The beauty of this new code is 8124 or 80... they both work. If you forget the port you'll still run fine. Just one of the small improvements.

-IceBurst

• @crowetic Can I put in another request for information on the parameters that are set on ninja?

In particular the detail of how the Historic Share is calculated. How many Blocks are taken into account and what is the maths for how a Miners Share of those Blocks is used to give the Historic Share?

I spent a lot of time logging data from the old ninja and got close enough to working out the algorithm, however as this code is fresh it should be easy for someone to just tell us?

Also can I make a request, as I have read that v3 is very configurable, that when v3 is rolled out that each Pool owner shares the detail setup parameters on the Pool Info page? If any of the parameters are not obvious as to what they mean or do, can there also be a description accompanying the settings.

When this is done I will consider using a v3 ninja Pool. Until then given the background to the development I will remain sceptical as to whether Pool Owners understand what they are running. :-)

Thanks Rich

• @RichBC said in BURST.ninja POOL OFFICIAL RE-LAUNCH! V3.1:

@crowetic Can I put in another request for information on the parameters that are set on ninja?

In particular the detail of how the Historic Share is calculated. How many Blocks are taken into account and what is the maths for how a Miners Share of those Blocks is used to give the Historic Share?

I spent a lot of time logging data from the old ninja and got close enough to working out the algorithm, however as this code is fresh it should be easy for someone to just tell us?

Also can I make a request, as I have read that v3 is very configurable, that when v3 is rolled out that each Pool owner shares the detail setup parameters on the Pool Info page? If any of the parameters are not obvious as to what they mean or do, can there also be a description accompanying the settings.

When this is done I will consider using a v3 ninja Pool. Until then given the background to the development I will remain sceptical as to whether Pool Owners understand what they are running. :-)

Thanks Rich

IIRC (and I can have cat explain this better to me and come back and give that information.)

The historic share calculation is based on the last 500 blocks, and submissions therein. The better the submissions by each miner, the higher up on the list they are placed in the 'Historic Share' chart. Based on where you are placed there, the percent split (shown on the interface) is paid to the miners. You can see the miners there, and track their submissions to see if you believe it is 'accurate' or not.

(I'm not sure that there was any change to this from previous burst.ninja, but I'll verify this as well...)

The way the pool functions, IS listed on the pool info page, albeit not with exact technical specifications. But I can have these listed as well.

Also, I'm not sure 'given the background of the development' is supposed to mean, but the same dev I contracted to do the original code, is the one who did the second. Fully trusted dev who has worked with me for quite a long time, and has contributed quite a bit.

• @crowetic said in BURST.ninja POOL OFFICIAL RE-LAUNCH! V3.1:

IIRC (and I can have cat explain this better to me and come back and give that information.)

Thanks that would be good, I understand the basic approach but would like to know the detail, and would still urge Pool Owners moving to the new code to ensure they fully understand the parameters that can be set and the consequences, and that the full set of settings are then shared on the info page.

A simple example is that I see that we have moved from 50 Blocks being used as the basis for the Historic Share to 500. Why has this been done and does this means that it will now take over 30 Hours of Mining to realise your full Historic Share potential? Or it might be that I do not understand the full algorithm, hence the reason for asking for the detail. :-)

Another obvious question arises from this point on the info page.

Miner payouts are calculated after a minimum of 20 blocks after the pool wins that block

Why the change from 4 Blocks to a minimum of 20?

So let's have someone list up all the parameters and recommendations / implications for what each one means? This is data that anyone running a v3 Pool will need anyway.

Rich

• looks like i'm too small for this pool so far i have 17tb might bump it up a little next few days to 20tb if that doesn't get a sweet deal i'm off to another one

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.