GPU plot generator v4.0.3 (Win/Linux)

•         Bump

• root@Tesla-SuperComputer:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# ./gpuPlotGenerator listDevices 0
    ./gpuPlotGenerator: /usr/local/cuda-8.0/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by ./gpuPlotGenerator)
    -------------------------
    GPU plot generator v4.0.2
    -------------------------
    Author:   Cryo
    Bitcoin:  138gMBhCrNkbaiTCmUhP9HLU9xwn5QKZgD
    Burst:    BURST-YA29-QCEW-QXC3-BKXDL
    ----

[ERROR][-1001][CL_UNKNOWN] Unable to retrieve the OpenCL platforms number
    root@Tesla-SuperComputer:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# 

• @Tate-A Okay, Installed the latest Drivers and OpenCL. Now I get this.

root@Tesla-SuperComputer:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# ./gpuPlotGenerator listDevices 0
    Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 224: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != NULL' failed!
    root@Tesla-SuperComputer:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# 

• @ccminer said in GPU plot generator v4.0.3 (Win/Linux):

@vadirthedark I finally got my new r9 380 4gb and I installed it!
    So now I start to face your same problem to GPU plotting my hdd.
    did you finally have been able to use the script on ubuntu?

Hello everyone. I decided to give this GPU plotting method a try. Once I got through the initial stages of prepping my system I recall there being a question of whether gpuPlotGenerator 4.0.3 supported CUDA or not. I ran the software not knowing either way but it just stopped.

Before I go ahead and troubleshoot can someone clarify this for me please?

Thanks!

• Hi,

With what settings are we able to create a very optimized plots?
    1 GPU and 16GB of ram

• Hi, just checking out this plotter as I found out my integrated GPU will work with the plotter/miners for Burst.

I ran the setup to configure the GPU and the recommended values were not powers of 2:

0_1487953082455_upload-7c22ac63-9947-44ec-8302-8d9cc645e4d6

I put in the recommended values and the program appeared to store different values, specifically the 19 was stored as a 8:

0_1487953207376_upload-d886df0f-fab2-410e-bc1e-b88bfe483d7e

Is this normal?

• @rds,

bump,

anyone?

@haitch, @daWallet, @luxe, @ccminer ?

• admin

@rds Not seen that before - I'd manually set it to a power of two - either down to 4096 or up to 8192

• admin

@rds This setup is just creating the devices.txt i guess ... you can always edit that by hand, too. But i can not tell you why the 19 was not saved but 8 instead (seams to be a cpu? very low work group size) ... if this is important to you, you could try contact dev via github.

• Hey guys,

Has anyone else had an issue with gpuPlotGenerator where in buffer mode it will start by using pretty much 100% of my GPU (which is what I want) at around 30k-50k nonces/minute and then it drops to around 12k nonces/minute. Sometimes it will stay at the higher amount and I can get 1TB plotted in an hour or less. Other times it drops down and only utilizes my gpu around 17%. It's weird that this doesn't happen all the time and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Also I have a MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB GPU.

My devices txt is:
    0 0 8096 64 8192

My Batch file looks like this:
    gpuPlotGenerator.exe generate buffer j:\Burst\plots\3817333640460646654_1026441216_4091904_36864
    0_1488893107768_gpu.png

As you can see there are a couple spikes here and there, but it is barely using my GPU.

The only gain I have managed to get so far is running gpuPlotgenerator as admin and I seemed to get a gain 23%-27% percent utilization of my gpu and and 18k-20k nonces/minute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• admin

@KB-Bountyhunter Plotgenerator can only generate plots as fast as your drive can write them, it starts with 30-50k cause they are generated in memory ... once writing to disk, the rate may drop to the write speed of your drive ... you could plot to multiple drives at once to increase plotting speed.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.