GPU plot generator v4.0.3 (Win/Linux)

•         Bump

• [email protected]:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# ./gpuPlotGenerator listDevices 0
    ./gpuPlotGenerator: /usr/local/cuda-8.0/targets/x86_64-linux/lib/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by ./gpuPlotGenerator)
    -------------------------
    GPU plot generator v4.0.2
    -------------------------
    Author:   Cryo
    Bitcoin:  138gMBhCrNkbaiTCmUhP9HLU9xwn5QKZgD
    Burst:    BURST-YA29-QCEW-QXC3-BKXDL
    ----

[ERROR][-1001][CL_UNKNOWN] Unable to retrieve the OpenCL platforms number
    [email protected]:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# 

• @Tate-A Okay, Installed the latest Drivers and OpenCL. Now I get this.

[email protected]:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# ./gpuPlotGenerator listDevices 0
    Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 224: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != NULL' failed!
    [email protected]:/home/tate/gpuPlotGenerator-bin-linux-x64-4.0.2# 

• @ccminer said in GPU plot generator v4.0.3 (Win/Linux):

@vadirthedark I finally got my new r9 380 4gb and I installed it!
    So now I start to face your same problem to GPU plotting my hdd.
    did you finally have been able to use the script on ubuntu?

Hello everyone. I decided to give this GPU plotting method a try. Once I got through the initial stages of prepping my system I recall there being a question of whether gpuPlotGenerator 4.0.3 supported CUDA or not. I ran the software not knowing either way but it just stopped.

Before I go ahead and troubleshoot can someone clarify this for me please?

Thanks!

• Hi,

With what settings are we able to create a very optimized plots?
    1 GPU and 16GB of ram

• Hi, just checking out this plotter as I found out my integrated GPU will work with the plotter/miners for Burst.

I ran the setup to configure the GPU and the recommended values were not powers of 2:

0_1487953082455_upload-7c22ac63-9947-44ec-8302-8d9cc645e4d6

I put in the recommended values and the program appeared to store different values, specifically the 19 was stored as a 8:

0_1487953207376_upload-d886df0f-fab2-410e-bc1e-b88bfe483d7e

Is this normal?

• @rds,

bump,

anyone?

@haitch, @daWallet, @luxe, @ccminer ?

• admin

@rds Not seen that before - I'd manually set it to a power of two - either down to 4096 or up to 8192

• admin

@rds This setup is just creating the devices.txt i guess ... you can always edit that by hand, too. But i can not tell you why the 19 was not saved but 8 instead (seams to be a cpu? very low work group size) ... if this is important to you, you could try contact dev via github.

• Hey guys,

Has anyone else had an issue with gpuPlotGenerator where in buffer mode it will start by using pretty much 100% of my GPU (which is what I want) at around 30k-50k nonces/minute and then it drops to around 12k nonces/minute. Sometimes it will stay at the higher amount and I can get 1TB plotted in an hour or less. Other times it drops down and only utilizes my gpu around 17%. It's weird that this doesn't happen all the time and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Also I have a MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB GPU.

My devices txt is:
    0 0 8096 64 8192

My Batch file looks like this:
    gpuPlotGenerator.exe generate buffer j:\Burst\plots\3817333640460646654_1026441216_4091904_36864
    0_1488893107768_gpu.png

As you can see there are a couple spikes here and there, but it is barely using my GPU.

The only gain I have managed to get so far is running gpuPlotgenerator as admin and I seemed to get a gain 23%-27% percent utilization of my gpu and and 18k-20k nonces/minute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.