Current Share vs Historic Share

• I have read
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/120/burst-ninja-and-pool-burst-team-us-info
    and thought I understood

BUT

with this example, I'm not sure I fully understand
    Block: 360644, Scoop: 279, Diff: 25079
    Miners: 645
    BURST-PHJ5-JMZP-3EQQ-EAA2B (http://pool.burstcoin.party/) my current pool

In the current shares during Block 360644 I hit what I thought was a decent reward of 18.75
    mrgoldy 21 hours, 1 min, 31 secs 1.733% 18.75

A few blocks have gone by, but I don't see it in my Historic shares.
    I am of the understanding that the historic shares is an accumulation of your time mining that pool, and the reward column in the historic side is a sum of all the current shares rewards.

Am I mis-understanding this?

• admin

@mrgoldy The current block column is your reward IF the pool wins this block, the historic value is a floating average of your contribution over the last 50 blocks that will be paid WHEN the pool wins a block.

• @haitch
    AHHH.....If and When

• @mrgoldy The Historic share takes account of the previous 50 Blocks. so one good reward will not have much effect on your Historic Share.

I do not know the exact algorithm but it is something like a Moving Average of your last 50 Current Shares.

Rich

• @RichBC so in that example, if the block was won by the pool, the 18.75 would be rewarded to me? but it would take at least the 4 rounds to be assigned?
    thanks for explaining the 50 current share average, does that relate only to the Share %?
    is the historic reward also an average? or is that an exact accumulation?

• @mrgoldy If the Block was won by the Pool then you would have got 18.75 + whatever your Historic Share was, paid after 4 rounds.

If the Pool did not win the Block when you got 18.75 then 18.75 is added to your 50 Block moving average. (As I say not certain on the algorithm but thinking of it as a moving average of your last 50 Block Current Shares is near enough :-)

Rich

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.