well now we know

• @nameless why? what is your side?

• @falconCoin why i tried to keep burst from going above 300? simple

to avoid the AE from crashing

..it failed.. the only asset that was not affected by this was hotpotato.

BURST needs to come to these prices eventually, but not like this. Our coin went up 12x in the past 6 months and while the result made a lot of people happy, it's the beginning of the end.

I ask you this: when in the following days and weeks, all the assets you hold will drop their payout drastically because of this price rise, will you understand? Do you get the fact that the majority of burst assets operate outside of burst for income? Although these assets will pay exactly the same values satoshi and usd wise, just watch how many people will cry that they got fucked on burst payouts and that they should never have invested in assets.

I stated this before : BURST without the AE is a coin of no value. BURST is a platform and not a coin. If this goes on, the AE will bleed beyond recovery and it will eventually lead to the end of the coin.

So, did we make a bad call on trying to suppress the price for the sake of all asset holders in all assets?

Everyone will have a different perspective on this....

• thank you.

I think as i posted before about assets is there has to be some sort of way built in or other wise when doing assets some sort of protection for that.

i have not done an asset but isnt there a way to do "ONLY" Burst backed/paid out ... and then others and so the ppl understand what they are getting into

i can tell you at my site freecoinz2day.com the sudden spike kicked me hard too, i never expected that type of price and ppl were earning 5-6X more than any type of ad revenue i was getting

• admin

@nameless My asset doesn't look like this weeks payout will be affected much, but future weeks? Yeah, I foresee a drop in the number of Burst being paid out in future weeks, but think in terms of fiat equivalence, I think the payments will be better than they were - some of the assets that make up the revenue for the asset are earned in Burst, so shouldn't change the amount they pay and will gain from the price increase, others are converted from other currencies to Burst, so will payout the same fiat value, but fewer Burst.

So it really depends how people are looking at the assets, do they understand that many assets have payout values relative to the price of Burst, or do they expect to see the same number of Burst each week? Only time will tell.

• @nameless said in well now we know:

@falconCoin why i tried to keep burst from going above 300? simple

to avoid the AE from crashing

..it failed.. the only asset that was not affected by this was hotpotato.

BURST needs to come to these prices eventually, but not like this. Our coin went up 12x in the past 6 months and while the result made a lot of people happy, it's the beginning of the end.

I ask you this: when in the following days and weeks, all the assets you hold will drop their payout drastically because of this price rise, will you understand? Do you get the fact that the majority of burst assets operate outside of burst for income? Although these assets will pay exactly the same values satoshi and usd wise, just watch how many people will cry that they got fucked on burst payouts and that they should never have invested in assets.

I stated this before : BURST without the AE is a coin of no value. BURST is a platform and not a coin. If this goes on, the AE will bleed beyond recovery and it will eventually lead to the end of the coin.

So, did we make a bad call on trying to suppress the price for the sake of all asset holders in all assets?

Everyone will have a different perspective on this....

My perspective ... I very much disagree. Just my opinion but you are over valuing the AE and what it means to the community because that is your interest, your perspective.

I am not a technical guy, not a huge crypto head but I am an investor. Have also been involved in BTC, ETH and DASH. Been involved with BURST for about 7 months and have used the AE the last 2 - 3 months.

First, if you had to pick one thing that gets people into BURST... it's the HDD mining and the green, low resource implications that go with it. And I'm not even talking about the actual miners. I was not a miner but an investor looking for uniqueness and a competitive edge in the crypto market .... ding, ding, ding! I have since started mining a bit. But the headliner in BURST is the HDD/green/eco friendly mining... and nothing else is close imo.

The second thing why people get involved in BURST is the community...it is very active and helpful... and let's face it some people just like buying some BURST here and there but also participating the community... there is a strong social aspect to it.

Third reason people have been coming into BURST is because it's easier A - Z than most cryptos out there (which I guess is linked to the first two points).

Now the Asset Exchange is included here somewhere, but it's not unique to BURST and to imply it's the only thing propping it up is wrong. Plus... it's not going away.
    Out of all the people that own BURST how many people ACTIVELY trade on the AE (lets say go on and evaluate, trade at least every few days)... it's wouldn't surprise me if it was less than 10% of the community. Going back to before the recent price rise there just wasn't a ton of action, easily liquidity if you owned a lot of assets/shares from my point of view.

People can't have their cake and eat it too. BURST fluctuating in price will impact the AE. When I first started researching the AE the people telling me to just throw all my BURST in there or even 50% of it seemed CRAZY. I'm not sure where that notion came from (the asset owners?). I distinctly remember commenting... aren't people worried that when the price of BURST starts rising they won't be able to get out of the AE (because of the liquidity) and/or the price impact on the assets themselves? I don't think my comments got much of a reaction... but I thought it was just a very obvious thing?

There will forever be risk/reward in investing, can't take it away. I think the pricing in the AE is going through a natural re-calibration... the market is speaking. And unless BURST becomes this magic stable currency that isn't going to rise or fall the AE will continually be subject to these re-calibrations.

• admin

If someone buys in a asset with burst, he sells his burst at current marketprice and invest in something he expects higher gains than burstcoin itself. There are assets that may scale with burstprice, others do not.

About the video ... well thanks for that deep look ... tells me a lot.

• @burst1 i agree with a lot of your points.

and i think the MINING is a bigger than assets on ppl's initial interest as well...

I have mixed reactions on this too, i feel we put trust in guys like @nameless and @crowetic as figures in the community we are supposed to be able to trust, NOT be holding Burst Back. And now this getting out, did not serve to help the "scam coin" accusations . Not to discount Crow coming fwd BUT i am pretty sure someone was going to be investigating and i think fear of getting caught weighed heavy too.

I think it was also good they came fwd and Crow took responsibility, BUT the video also served to look like the blame was put more on Nameless's shoulders by Adam.

again i am sure my opinion will get me in trouble over at BN, But after watching again the video made me feel that they are saying hey ppl made money so be happy and we will do what is best for us and you just be happy making some $$... that to me is not long term thinking for the coin.

• Burstcoin is much more than the asset exchange lul. And as you said IN YOUR VIDEO, the assets grow in usd value! Asset prices will recover to a certain point. Burst at a high price means, more people find out about burst and more people buy assets.

• admin

@falconCoin I agree; watching the video it seems like Crow got Adams blessing of forgiveness, while @nameless got thrown under a bus.

I don't know how much they lost, but trying to short the market with around 12M @ 310 when the coin hit 940 and continues to sit above 640, is going to be a massive loss. I wonder how this is going to impact the made2burst site and asset.

• @haitch said in well now we know:

I wonder how this is going to impact the made2burst site and asset.

BURST will eventually come to a lower point. Worst case scenario, we personally take a hit for the benefit of the investors. Money's there, it always has been. Btw i have a video incoming clearing some stuff out

• @falconCoin said in well now we know:

@burst1 i agree with a lot of your points.

and i think the MINING is a bigger than assets on ppl's initial interest as well...

I have mixed reactions on this too, i feel we put trust in guys like @nameless and @crowetic as figures in the community we are supposed to be able to trust, NOT be holding Burst Back. And now this getting out, did not serve to help the "scam coin" accusations . Not to discount Crow coming fwd BUT i am pretty sure someone was going to be investigating and i think fear of getting caught weighed heavy too.

I think it was also good they came fwd and Crow took responsibility, BUT the video also served to look like the blame was put more on Nameless's shoulders by Adam.

again i am sure my opinion will get me in trouble over at BN, But after watching again the video made me feel that they are saying hey ppl made money so be happy and we will do what is best for us and you just be happy making some $$... that to me is not long term thinking for the coin.

Honestly the situation doesn't bother me that much. Seems like a few guys panicking, using false logic imo.

People try to manipulate markets/investments all the time. Did these guys try to manipulate BURST and keep it artificially low? Sure. But here's the thing... they weren't able to do it. The walls they put up got blown through because the demand out there far exceeded it. From that point of view I sort of see it as a good sign. The more people involved, the more independent money coming in the tougher it's going to be to control/manipulate BURST. The demand and market spoke...and kept heading higher, and higher. Hopefully we can keep it going.

• @burst1 I agree. It doesn't matter if one whale takes the walls down, the real demand came from many many people who wanted to buy burst.

• @burst1 @Nisc3d are you watching the charts? higher and higher? im not see int heck i bought at 640 a hour ago and it is now 628, that is not higher at all....

also its fine if whales do it, whales we do not know. But these are our community members, asset mangers and at least one of the Lead Developers.

That is how it looks bad to the BURST community in a outsiders eyes and i am sure many here who are so afraid of voicing an opinion in fear of repercussions...

and oh hey they manipulated the market so what? well in the USA its illegal in normal markets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

• @falconCoin I think it will not go under 600, look at those massive walls there. It will get higher, more and more people know the coin.

• @Nisc3d if it does i want $20k USD :P

• @falconCoin said in well now we know:

@burst1 @Nisc3d are you watching the charts? higher and higher? im not see int heck i bought at 640 a hour ago and it is now 628, that is not higher at all....

also its fine if whales do it, whales we do not know. But these are our community members, asset mangers and at least one of the Lead Developers.

That is how it looks bad to the BURST community in a outsiders eyes and i am sure many here who are so afraid of voicing an opinion in fear of repercussions...

and oh hey they manipulated the market so what? well in the USA its illegal in normal markets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

I was talking about Friday... the walls that were put up got blown through and the price went higher and higher. And you do realize, overall, how much BURST has increased the last few weeks/months right?

Market manipulation might be too strong a term for me. They didn't lie to the community (that I know of) ... like say a penny stock, wolf of wall street type ... lie to create false demand and then dump.

They put up a wall, again from sort of a faulty logic point of view imo ... and THEY WERE THE ONES WHO GOT BURNED.

Again, I wouldn't be handing out gold stars... but overall it strikes me more as panic and poor decision making then anything else.

• gotcha!

But to get more investors etc these black eyes have to stop from within, including this split that has been going on. in a way i think bringing this out could hurt ther community.

if it had just been them loosing, maybe they should have kept it all to themselves

• I'm not watching this BS .. will ask everyone to google "Viral Coin" and perhaps people will understand what Adam promises looks like. Too bad for Crow and other minions !

• @rnahlawi said in well now we know:

Too bad for Crow and other minions !

Yes they did a great job in the video with the CGI on the strings.

Has Ice been banned?

Rich

• @RichBC ice?

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.