Format of Drives NTFS vs ext4

• Hi all I am wondering if the linux miners will see plots that I have previously in Windows NTFS and if they can be mined and also which format will have better efficiency and more TB ?NTFS or ext4? I am running a Ubuntu 16.04 setup

• admin

ext4 has a default overhead of 5% or so for safety in case the HDD gets completely full. You can change that with these instructions:
    https://odzangba.wordpress.com/2010/02/20/how-to-free-reserved-space-on-ext4-partitions/

I think on linux the implementation of NTFS is okay but takes more CPU than ext4 for reading and writing.

• ok so for now I should keep them because there is almost 18tb I would rather not replot? As I learn more for new drives I will plot in ext4 and may go over the old plots.

Also is the gpu plotter making an optimized plot? when i tried to use these plots with a CPU miner it gave me a bad nonces take forever message?

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.