Trying to run wallet (linux)

• Hi I am trying to set up a linux burst miner and I am trying to get the wallet running and I am getting an error message

[email protected]:~/Downloads/burstcoin-1.2.8$ ./run.sh
    Error: Could not find or load main class nxt.Nxt
    [email protected]:~/Downloads/burstcoin-1.2.8$ ./compile.sh
    ./compile.sh: line 6: javac: command not found
    [email protected]:~/Downloads/burstcoin-1.2.8$

when I try to compile or get it running......

I am still learning a lot about linux and any help would be awesome

• I have my pool on a ubuntu vps and all I did was upload wallet open ports 8124 8125 4443 and run sh . So it might be linux specific? What flavor are you running. Maybe someone has experience can help you. Linux mining I never tried.

• admin

@Oracle1 Hi!

[email protected]:~/Downloads/burstcoin-1.2.8$ ./run.sh
    Error: Could not find or load main class nxt.Nxt

This means you've downloaded the sources directly, which are missing the burst.jar file. You have to compile it yourself or download the compiled package here: https://github.com/burst-team/burstcoin/releases (zip file)

[email protected]:~/Downloads/burstcoin-1.2.8$ ./compile.sh
    ./compile.sh: line 6: javac: command not found

This is the right command to compile but it seems you have no Java installed. Check a search engine how to install Java on your linux. Alternatively you can compile with maven - must be installed too, then:

mvn package

instead of ./compile.sh . But java has to be installed anyways to run the binary in the end!

Good luck.

• small steps at a time

Initializing Burst server version 1.2.8
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: nxt-default.properties not in classpath and system property nxt-default.properties not defined either
    at nxt.Nxt.<clinit>(Nxt.java:41)
    [email protected]:~/Downloads/Wallets/burstcoin-1.2.8$

• admin

@Oracle1
    If build with maven (like the binary release release from https://github.com/burst-team/burstcoin/releases)

java -cp burst.jar:conf nxt.Nxt

if build by compile script:

java -cp burst.jar:lib/*:conf nxt.Nxt

Difference is, if build with maven lib dir is included in jar.
    Btw. you do not need to compile yourself, you can download binaries from the link above.

• I downloaded the releases from your link that were already compiled and used them. I have tried to edit
    nxt-default.properties

[email protected]:~/Downloads/Wallets/burstcoin-1.2.8$ java -cp burst.jar:lib/*:conf nxt.Nxt
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: nxt-default.properties not in classpath and system property nxt-default.properties not defined either
    [email protected]:~/Downloads/Wallets/burstcoin-1.2.8$ java -cp burst.jar:conf nxt.Nxt
    [email protected]:~/Downloads/Wallets/burstcoin-1.2.8$ ./run.sh
    [email protected]:~/Downloads/Wallets/burstcoin-1.2.8$

many thanks for your help

• admin

normally the default properties work always... maybe you should reset them to default state.

Check your java version is updated.

• [email protected]:~/Downloads/Miners/burstcoin-jminer-0.4.9-SNAPSHOT$ file /etc/alternatives/java /etc/alternatives/javac
    /etc/alternatives/java: symbolic link to /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java
    /etc/alternatives/javac: symbolic link to /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac
    [email protected]:~/Downloads/Miners/burstcoin-jminer-0.4.9-SNAPSHOT$

is this version of Java OK, Miner is opening?

• admin

@Oracle1 never tried it with openjdk ... i'm using the oracle implementation ... but the exceptions does not look like thats the problem, maybe it is a permission issue ...
    Found this https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/3792/installing-wallet-on-ubuntu

• Awesome that worked perfect block chain coming down the pipe now thanks all for help

is their a linux blockchain download and where would it live?

thanks again happy as been fighting with this machine all day

found burst db location

• admin

@Oracle1 Glad you could get it running ... it should be more easy or the instructions should be on a place where everyone can find them. I moved the topic from above to https://forums.burst-team.us/category/3/howto-s-tutorials and tagged it ... as first step.

Maybe instead of direct downloading chain, you are also interested in this:
    https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/751/howto-use-opencl-gpu-for-accelerated-snyc-with-blockchain

• already have 900m of db.zip download this will also work for linux if I put the file in burst.db?

• admin

@Oracle1 yes, you have to put the unzipped files in a /burst_db folder within the wallet folder, should be created already ...

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.