Account compromised and hacked, $500 transfered, what can i do?

• http://i.imgur.com/GWDkUAT.png

Account was hacked 20minutes ago, everything is transfered to his account

Is it possible to revert transaction or something?

Thanks

• @puremage111 I'm sorry this happened but there's no way of reverting a transaction...

Or your passphrase was insecure or you got hacked (maybe a keylog or something)...

• @gpedro

Yeah, as previously i created 3 wallet, 2 passphrase auto generated and 1 passphrase manual generated. And among 3 i used the manual generated account where i didn't realize that the passphrase is just so weak.

4x4(character) word in continuous form.

The wallet kinda notify me all the time but i ignore it, guess lesson learned here :)

• admin

@puremage111 Welcome to the club no-one wants to be a member of. I had an account with a manually generated weak password, it got hacked as well. Lesson learnt .... use the auto generated one, and even mix that up some replacing letters with numbers or symbols.

• can you change your passphrase to something more difficult so you can keep your wallet and not go thru that setup process again?

• admin

@mrgoldy No, passphrases cannot be changed. Your account ID is basically a hash of your passphrase - different passphrase, different ID. If you have a weak passphrase, generate a strong one, transfer your funds and assets, and replot you files.

• @haitch I have the standard 12 word passphrase that is randomly generated when starting out. Should I get something more secure?

• admin

@mrgoldy I brute forced a three word password in a month, a four word password will take about 135 years, a 12 word password would take longer than the universe has existed ..... So no, the generated password is fine. If you create a second account, add or substitute some letters with numbers/symbols. Using non-dictionary words from the default list will make it completely unrealistic to be brute forced.

• I've wanted to create for security for a long time and I never did, and today, when I read this, I've finally decided.
    I do not know if it will be safer or not but to me it gives me that feeling and it is what counts so today I happened to have a password of the type:

(=Ycg{SdP"x,h69_J(rsG423G+B-]Q%}gR:=m#`udXggK(Hd+$sK+B%^"[Sev=LyM=h{dkg.B^:_;h'r\)P3uwb+hyF5QxT.:}[email protected]?f-Yk}H%'ayQCWR[={pm*aLzKxn+*v-<R7~nd<[&UrX:$P==`mx*aQt4}$,Ht:~S$x#RJ'h=}fT!p^:PU_5&/*(R~bF8,[email protected]![yuHY.45*/VgypZguZ7;7zgj~[[K!P/*5ut~(jmA+mX8

In case anyone is tempted to check if I am so stupid to put the password, I tell you that no;)

• Sorry to hear this, because send you lots of bonus burst the month, for the future, better split it to more accounts or transfer to some markets (polo etc.), I will put some burst beside and sending you day to day some burst. Keep strong and lovely regards

• admin

@Energy A password of that type will not be brute forced in your or your great grand kids lifetime .......

• mssiplel smoe wrods wcihh craetes a dificflut pssawrod

• Thanks for all the concern and advice guys!

Will be away from burst for some time until i rebuild my income and my burst portfolio soon, hope everyone will be great and good luck burst!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.