Double payment from burst.ninja

• I got a double payment (the exact amount to 8 decimals) today from burst.ninja for leftover deferred (24 hour payment). I was not mining there when the big fork occurred yesterday. Do you think that was done intentionally because of the fork to compensate miners? If not, how do I send back one of the payments? Do I just send it to the same address (BURST-7CPJ-BW8N-U4XF-CWW3U) that it came from?

• lol last night was a freak show for sure! I got 2 blocks with all or most pools ahead of me so I considered them ghost blocks and stopped pool payments. Well this morning I I found out they were real lol Dont know how dont know why but burst was paid out!

As a pool owner if this happened to me I would let it slide and you can keep it. I am sure the payment wasnt such a huge amount for anyone to worry about!

• @tross said in Double payment from burst.ninja

As a pool owner if this happened to me I would let it slide and you can keep it. I am sure the payment wasnt such a huge amount for anyone to worry about!

It is not about amount but about the rules.You have not earned it ergo it is not yours to keep.

• @Ip85 Half was his and other half mistake. It wasnt his mistake. I said and its just my opinion as a pool owner and operator I would let it slide. Why because I would like him to come back not think I am a stingy person.

I dont know the amount and aint making decisions! I only stated an opinion. Where is the rule book?

• @tross No disrespect to you.You are doing a great job with your pool and it is your decision to let it slide or not.I understand you are not going to hunt people who got payed dubble.But those pips that are aware of such a mistake should give back what is not theirs..simple as that.There is a lot of people whom not even realize that the got something "extra" and it is fine.There is no rules book...but simple common sense.

• In the past 9 months I have seen things that would make you wonder. I have been in this situation many times. Heck it happened so much I just ignored it. People love free stuff and if it just an 24hr payout it isnt the world. One person would give it back the other might keep it but yes common sense is to give back what isnt yours. It really no big deal unless your pool paid everyone double then it could get scary.

So I am a nice guy I would let it slide provided it just something simple. But if you really think about it what can you do. How would that make you look? A lot depends on why you are running a pool in the first place. For profit or as a service , I started my pool as a hobby to give me something to do. I choose to run practically non profit so I could absorb pool code failure or network freak shows. So thats where I stand but to someone else it might be different.

• @Ip85 said in Double payment from burst.ninja:

@tross No disrespect to you.You are doing a great job with your pool and it is your decision to let it slide or not.I understand you are not going to hunt people who got payed dubble.But those pips that are aware of such a mistake should give back what is not theirs..simple as that.There is a lot of people whom not even realize that the got something "extra" and it is fine.There is no rules book...but simple common sense.

My question is, was it mistake, or a concerted effort by the pool to compensate people. Did anyone else get the same type of payment today?
    Also, if it was a mistake, do I just reverse it to the address it was sent from?

• @tross Again it is not about what you can do as a pool owner.I understand your concerns and I do believe it is not so straight forward.It is about how people react on free stuff.Do not get me wrong, everyone love free stuff including me.But if it is free for one individual and loss for other (your non profit pool) there is something wrong in that picture.There is no simple solution for that apart of people being honest.We are trying to be,and we are in a big part, a good community.So one member gaining on the loss of the other is a bit crap.

• @rds I didnt received any extras today.But you would need to contact with the owner of your pool to know fo sure.If you want to return B just send it back to the address you got it from.

• @Ip85 come to my pool next week and join Burst Bash and get extra's every couple hours!

I didnt want to make this a discussion. Its the way I operate my pool.

So hopefully someone comes online and answers rds question!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.