Not sure if I'm doing this right :(

• Hello! I'm very VERY new to mining world! I have roughly 3 months and 2x6 GPU ethereum mining rigs.

I decided to try Burstcoin mining because I can find used HDD at a very good price very easily.

I bought this 5 TB seagate HDD not long ago, and was expecting to mine around 134 Burst a day with it! After plotting it (I didn't optimized it, just plotted the whole disk and now i have no space for an optimized plot -didn't know this when i started-) I am literally doing less than 2 coins a day.... I'm going to send you a screenshot
    0_1493126742379_Burst ss.png

Although my mining speed (mb/s) increases when mining with jminer, I still have the same results... no coins at all (I decided to stay with blago because almost every one in my pool uses it)

I was interested in investing some some considerable money but unless I see some improvement on the return of this 5 TB HDD... I won't do it...

Please help me out... it is very likely that im doing something wrong. Thank you!!

• 0_1493126793551_Burst ss.png

• everything seems to be working properly however you are not finding any deadlines this is mostly cause by mining on a pool with a lower deadline cut off so that even if you have deadlines if they are over the pools cut off the miner will not send them and you wont see them... in Jminer you should see found deadlines that are not accepted i think thats what it list unsent deadlines ass also depending on your Jminer config to show them... my recomendation would be to try another pool one that has a higher deadline cut off , im not sure about the .EU pool as i dont know anything about it . but i can tell you to avoid burst-team pool , ninja pool , burst mining club , CCminer pool... as they all have a shorter cut off im not sure about .EU or .party pool, or .biz pools cut off limit. i do know that Lex pool , Tross pool , Pingofdeath pool , .ml V2 pool all have longer cut off's and miners with sub 15 TB do well on them.

• admin

@Gibsalot He's on .eu, so should be getting deadlines.

@TellezMiotta I suspect there is something wrong with your plotfile, with 5TB you should be getting deadlines on the .eu pretty much every round. I would recommend deleting the plot and recreating it using xplotter. Let us know if you need assistance in doing that.

• @haitch i thought .EU was a longer deadline pool but im not that familer with it so was not sure, i agree with 5TB he should be geting deadlines even if they are a few days long.

• admin

@Gibsalot Yeah, .EU has a 17.5 day DL limit - if a 5TB plot is not finding DL's in that range, there's a problem with the plot.

• I was using the plotter that comes with the Burst client GUI.... is that a bad one? It took me almost 3 days... but now that you bring that up... on the last night the electricity went down when I was asleep....but i turn on the RIG the next morning and saw that Blango was recognizing the plot and that the hard drive was full so i though It completed the plot before the electricity shut down...

Should I re plot then? Should I do it with the plotter that comes with the burst client GUI? (should I plot 2.5 Tb so i could optimize the plot or should I go for the 5 tb) Should I plot while mining ethereum with my GPUs?

Thanks in advance! :)

• admin

@TellezMiotta The current AIO wallet uses xplotter as it's default plotter, so yeah, use that. You can manually restart xplotter and it will complete the plot, or delete the plot and start over.

• Ok... I just deleted the plot (With a lot of pain I must add) thos plots take TOO DANM long.... What if electricity shuts down again (that happens a lot on Venezuela) should I deleted again and start over? Or is it a way to start from where the plotter left of?

I may add that i was getting DL every round on http://burst.btfg.space/ and I though EU was not for me... but since this is an experiment I'd like to do it right just to see if its worthy to but HDD... this 5tb cost me 60$ and I'm able to find more of those.... that's why im interested in this way of mining.. I hope this works

• admin

@TellezMiotta If you lose power it's possible to manually restart xplotter and continue the plot without deleting. If it happens post here and we can walk you through how to do it.

• Awesome! Thank u! Sure I will! one more thing... How much time do you think a 5Tb plot should take? (If this turns out to be good i'll buy another 5tb hard drive to optimize my original plot with)

I'll remove to .EU when this plot is done!

• @haitch said in Not sure if I'm doing this right :(:

@Gibsalot He's on .eu, so should be getting deadlines.

@TellezMiotta I suspect there is something wrong with your plotfile, with 5TB you should be getting deadlines on the .eu pretty much every round. I would recommend deleting the plot and recreating it using xplotter. Let us know if you need assistance in doing that.

I don't think the first reaction should be to delete the plot and start over. He could have just restarted the xplotter with the # nonce parameter on the existing file and picked up where the power failure left off. If the file was 80% he would have only had to plot 1TB instead of 5TB with a restart. Just my opinion.

• admin

@rds If the plot was 80% complete, he should have been finding DL's on .eu. I advised to delete the plot because it seems very broken to me - even an 80% complete plot should be able to find DL's, or throw an error about bad DL's. With no DL's being found at all something is wrong with the plot.

@TellezMiotta How long a plot will take really depends on your CPU, disk controller and disks. I'm currently doing about 10TB/day - but that's on a system with dual Xeon processors, 20 cores/40 threads. More regular home processors won't do that rate. But xplotter is the most reliable and efficient plotter there is - I'm considering redoing some of my existing plots done with GPU Plotter as they're throwing errors.

• @haitch said in Not sure if I'm doing this right :(:

@rds If the plot was 80% complete, he should have been finding DL's on .eu. I advised to delete the plot because it seems very broken to me - even an 80% complete plot should be able to find DL's, or throw an error about bad DL's. With no DL's being found at all something is wrong with the plot.

@TellezMiotta How long a plot will take really depends on your CPU, disk controller and disks. I'm currently doing about 10TB/day - but that's on a system with dual Xeon processors, 20 cores/40 threads. More regular home processors won't do that rate. But xplotter is the most reliable and efficient plotter there is - I'm considering redoing some of my existing plots done with GPU Plotter as they're throwing errors.

True enough about the 80% (4TB) being able to generate DL for EU pool. Just saying that on a power fail or write fail because the dog tripped over the USB cord delete plot is not my first thought, restart is.

• admin

@rds I totally agree - I've tripped the breaker in my room multiple times, and have had to restart plots. But 4TB plotted and 0 deadlines - something is wrong with the plotfile. It may be that it's locked by the plotter, but I'd just start over.

• Mod

need to see miner's config (or log file), perhaps something like "TargetDeadline": 4000

• admin

@Blago my assumption is file locked because its being plotted - but lets get it plotted.

• @Blago said in Not sure if I'm doing this right :(:

need to see miner's config (or log file), perhaps something like "TargetDeadline": 4000

Wouldn't a pool DL override the target DL line in the config file?

• Guys your support has been amazing :D I really appreciate it! as of now here's a screenshot of my progress on plotting my hard drive again!

0_1493145414034_SS 2.png

• Mod

@rds if LocalTargetDeadline < PoolTargetDeadline => miner use LocalTargetDeadline

if pool did not set TargetDeadline (or local wallet), then miner set use LocalTargetDeadline

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.