Any advice to prevent computer damage

• Wondering about any advice to prevent computer damage from running 24/7 for Burst mining? Thanks

• @dkali1 Keep it cool, but probably less damage leaving it running than switching on and off each Day.

Rich

• Computers are made to run. You are not harming them at all by leaving them on 24/7. You are more likely to fry a computer by turning it on and off than you are by leaving it on, with the exception of a fan dieing, or it getting struck by lightning.

• Keep it out of the sun

Have lots of ventilation.

Minimize the number of programs running in the background.

• I'd shut it down for 15 minutes maybe every 3 months to clean out the fans with some compressed air. Usually with a machine running 24/7 the first thing to go is the fans.

Once clean fire it back up and mine away. Shouldn't take long at all and will extend the life of the machine.

• Nice idea. First get a UPS. You never know when there will be a power cut. Get a casing with a dust filter or net , it would be very helpful. Better to get fans with a good brand name, specially the bearing should be high quality one. Cheap ones will make queezing noises after some months. I think hard disk should not be parked or sleep periodically because it has a limit.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.