General Question about Plotting

• Hello, I am new in burstcoin mining and not shure if this questions already answerd.

1. Are two plot files of different miners with same size (e.g. nonce 0 to nonce 10000) identical?
      I know the burstcoinID is different.
    2. If first is true, does it make sense that all miners of one pool should organize their plots so no overlapping exist? (Over all miners plots)

Thank you and keep mining
    Neelix

• @NeeLix Because the ID is part of the Hash every Miners Plot File, even with the same Starting nonce, is different.

Rich

• @RichBC Thanks for this information.
    Therefore the second part of my question does not make sense.

One additional question:
    Do I have my plots to be contiguous (none 0 to 10000, nonce 10000 to 20000, ...)
    or makes it sense to create plots randomly over wide areas? OK, not overlapping.

Neelix

• @NeeLix The only thing that matters with Plots is that they do not overlap. Contiguous or Random is your choice, there is no gain or loss. Most important thing is to have a system so as to avoid overlapping plots necessitating re-plotting.

Rich

• @RichBC Thank you Rich
    So it makes no difference to plot my HDD from 0 to 20000 nonces or from 13000000 to n nonces.
    The chance to find a small DL is the same.
    I have some HDDs with 10 TB in sum and get always DLs greater 1 day.
    No improvement possible? Only more disk space.

Neelix

• @NeeLix If you have 10TB then you should be getting many Deadlines shorter than 1 Day and ought to be Mining a Block about once a Week. I feel there must be something wrong with your Setup?

Where are you Mining and what is your Address?
    Which Miner are you using?
    Are you sure the Plots are not overlapped?
    How long do you take to scan the 10TB?
    How much Burst are you earning?

Assuming everything is fine with the setup then yes to get more reward you need more TB. Small gains can also be had by reducing the Scan time if it's greater than 30 Seconds.

Rich

• @RichBC said in General Question about Plotting:

@NeeLix If you have 10TB then you should be getting many Deadlines shorter than 1 Day and ought to be Mining a Block about once a Week. I feel there must be something wrong with your Setup?

Where are you Mining and what is your Address?
    at the moment I mine on "http://burst.lexitoshi.uk/"
    my ID: BURST-YLEB-7JAG-CDJ6-5ZBUS

Which Miner are you using?
    I use the "jminer 0.4.8" on Windows 10

Are you sure the Plots are not overlapped?
    I use 3 HDDs (2x3TB, 1x4TB) all contiguous, no overlap

How long do you take to scan the 10TB?
    It takes 30 to 50 seconds to scan the plots

How much Burst are you earning?
    For some days I do not get any bursts. (Last payment 10/03/2017 08:35:17)
    from burst.ninja

Assuming everything is fine with the setup then yes to get more reward you need more TB. Small gains can also be had by reducing the Scan time if it's greater than 30 Seconds.

Rich

I can not see if something is wrong
    Greetings
    Neelix

• @NeeLix I cannot see what the problem is, everything looks ok. I have a small Miner, 5TB on tross pool http://burstpool.ddns.net and it earns about 100 Burst a Day. If you continue with no earnings I would try changing pool.

Which graphics card do you have, scan times sound a bit long, but that would not explain the lack of earnings.

Also worth posting your config in case there is something in that?

Rich

• @RichBC Hi Rich, thank you so much for your support.
    Yesterday I changed the pool from burst.ninja to lexitoshi.uk since I did no get further payment from burst.ninja.
    Today, 24 hours later I got my first payment from lexitoshi (264 bursts).

Is there something wrong with burst.ninja?
    There are 35561 deferred payouts.

All the best to you and your family
    Neelix

• @NeeLix OK 264 Burst sounds about right for 10TB so I suspect everything is fine.

ninja is fine, Deferred payments are the norm until a Miner either get to 300 at which point it will be paid, or it will be paid after 24 Hours if you do not get to 300.

The 35561 is just the total of all the Deferred payments for all Miners.

Rich

• @NeeLix Nothing basically wrong with ninja it just your size. I have 17tb and have mined there a couple days and was also disappointed but it just the size. Like Rich says look at another pool and it will be better!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.