Stay safe! - Don't get caught by the scammers!

• As we have seen a bit of activity on the marketplace, it might be time to remind both the buyers and the sellers to stay safe. It is possible for both sides to scam the other. But fear not, because we are lucky that we actually have an escrow system integrated into Burst. While it is limited, it's still useful in some everyday trading.

To improve your trading experience, you can do a couple of things.

• Make sure the seller has the item you are buying. Tell him to write his name (and/or yours) on a paper and include some kind of object in the picture. The stupider, the better.
    • Keep all communication between both buyer and seller inside the thread (private information is ok over PM). It makes it easier for the escrow to make fix any dispute and makes the trade transparent to the public.
    • If it is delivered by mail, pick a courier with a tracking ID. It is a couple of bucks more expensive, but in case of a dispute it is much easier.
    • If you use Bursts escrow system, add a couple days (86400s) to the deadlines. This makes sure there is extra time in the event of a dispute.
    • If you use Bursts escrow system, the seller and the buyer should create 1 account more each and add them to the escrow. Burst doesn't allow the receiver and sender to sign an escrow and it should be a 2 out of 3 escrow to make the escrow safe.

Here is an unofficial list over escrows. If you want to be added you can write a post inside this thread or send me a PM with all the details. If you want to edit something you need to contact me, @FrilledShark. You can also send me your gmail to get edit permissions to an area.

Below is a few guys, who previously has escrowed something or is trustworthy:
    @FrilledShark - Escrow for 500k
    @Haitch - Escrowing for assets.
    @Crowetic - Got tons of assets

• As there is no one currently offering to escrow, you might be able to contact someone from the @administrators or @Global-Moderators to escrow for you.
    Will be deleted after 1 or 2 has offered an escrow service

• neither acctually.... ill to my best as a seller to be legitimate, and ill put my faith in my customers until something happens that i need to be worried about, i think always using tracking as a standard is a good start, but i'd go as far as taking half the payment up front and half when it gets there or something like that, but honestly if i just dont feel i can trust someone, i wont deal with them at all. anyways just my opinion and blithering of a broke fool, everyone is welcome to do as they wish.

• @FrilledShark said:

As there is no one currently offering to escrow, you might be able to contact someone from the @administrators or @Global-Moderators to escrow for you.
    Will be deleted after 1 or 2 has offered an escrow service

What actually is need here in this section on the Escrow if you know: Signers(semicolon ( ; ) separated): Is this where you have witnesses to the escrow or what?

• @FXALTareeq
    You enter the signers in that section. They are the ones signing the escrow and saying where the money should go. They have 3 options when they sign: Split, Release or Refund. The only problem with Burst is that the sender and receiver can't be signers. That is why I recommend;

the seller and the buyer should create 1 account more each and add them to the escrow. Burst doesn't allow the receiver and sender to sign an escrow and it should be a 2 out of 3 escrow to make the escrow safe.

• I think that anyone that is caught red handed and is obviously scamming should be ip blocked from here so they can't hurt anyone here, but i think most of this should lay in our hands, i understand the concept that safes keep honest people honest, but I think we should all just get to know eachother better and become good friends in our community so that we wouldnt want to do such a thing to our friend/family, thats what I envision burstcoin to be in the future, a family, of people who love and trust eachother, your always gonna find a few baddies in a group but they can be weeded out with the right means, get to know your customer and your dealer, make that relationship stick.

• @FrilledShark said:

@FXALTareeq
    You enter the signers in that section. They are the ones signing the escrow and saying where the money should go. They have 3 options when they sign: Split, Release or Refund. The only problem with Burst is that the sender and receiver can't be signers. That is why I recommend;

the seller and the buyer should create 1 account more each and add them to the escrow. Burst doesn't allow the receiver and sender to sign an escrow and it should be a 2 out of 3 escrow to make the escrow safe.

So it will take both signers to release, split or refund the money? So the required signers mean how many signers must be on the escrow right? and in the signer section you add their burst id correct?

• @FXALTareeq
    In case of a 2 out of 3 escrow. (Buyer and seller + escrow) it will take 2 of them to do anything. It doesn't matter who it is, it just have to be 2 of them agreeing on the same statement. (release, split or refund.)

The required signers means how many needs to agree on the same statement. It can be a 10 out of 10 or a 1 out of 7.

• @Kitsune I second that, but how would they block dynamic IPs?

• @FrilledShark Excellent to always use an escrow for BURST service area, I like this community a lot and it builds trust and credibility.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.