Dear jMiner users with dedicated GPU Cards

• admin

Hey guys,

to improve the Win Client I need some info about your:

platformId=
    deviceId=

of your jMiner config. What is the most common config when you use a dedicated graphics card for mining?

• @daWallet No dedicated card for me anymore! I'm using my primary Card which also drives the display. No problem whatsoever!-) So:

platformId=0
    deviceId=0

Strangely enough I think I forged the most blocks while also gaming on the same card?!-)

• @nixxda heh i dont even use GPU :D for 7.5TB my CPU is all thats needed :)
    But when i tried it i also used my main card so it was 0, 0 as well.

@daWallet not sure how detection of cards is done on your side but be aware of this

• AMD cards: GPU indexes in temperature control sometimes don't match GPU indexes in mining. Miner has to enumerate GPUs via OpenCL API to execute OpenCL code, and also it has to enumerate GPUs via ADL API to manage temperature/clock.
      And order of GPUs in these lists can be different. There is no way to fix GPUs order automatically, thanks to AMD devs.

• @daWallet 0 0

• admin

This topic is about dedicated Graphics Cards. 0 and 0 are not the numbers I am looking for.

• @daWallet by dedicated you mean an additional card? its "0 0" unless the integrated intel was enabled after, it will be "1 0"

• alt text

• @daWallet said in Dear jMiner users with dedicated GPU Cards:

This topic is about dedicated Graphics Cards. 0 and 0 are not the numbers I am looking for.

When u start jminer usually u will get info what is the ID of ur platforms and devices. Did u check that first? based on that u gonna choose the ID u are looking for.

• @daWallet I am using a laptop for mining with a HQ CPU and Intel graphics, with a Nvidia dedicated graphic card as well. I set the
    platformId=1
    deviceId=0
    in order to use only the Nvidia card for mining, with 0 and 0, works fine as well, but much better using Nvidia.

• admin

@daWallet The two of mine that I checked are both also 0 0

• I use 0 and 0, but I am wondering if 0 and 1 might give better performance if I have a very large amount of TB to be read.

Both of these platform and device IDs correspond to my two dedicated GPUs, but 0 0 runs the monitor.

• Just started playing with it. Does not see my plots for some reason. But I have platformId=0
    deviceId=1

This picks up my Intel Open CL version 2.

• @Propagandalf It won't enhance performance, its just pointer to use which GPU on your machine.
    Use "GPUplotgenerator setup" and choose option 1 to list all devices

for example:

Dedicated GPU while disabling integrated GPU:

[0] AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2117.14))
        [0] Ellesmere (OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2117.14))
        [1] Ellesmere (OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2117.14))
        [2] Ellesmere (OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2117.14))
        [3] Ellesmere (OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2117.14))
        [4] Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1840 @ 2.80GHz (OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (2117.14))

Dedicated GPU while operating the integrated GPU:

[0] NVIDIA CUDA (OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 8.0.0)
        [0] GeForce GTX 970 (OpenCL 1.2 CUDA)
    [1] Intel(R) OpenCL (OpenCL 2.0 )
        [0] Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (OpenCL 2.0 )
        [1] Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (OpenCL 2.0 (Build 359))

• @rnahlawi I appreciate the info, but I already knew that =) 0 0 is my GPU that is assigned to the monitor. When plotting, you will get a performance drop if you are using a GPU that is assigned to the monitor, compared to a standalone GPU. Therefore my theory is that I may be able to get better performance with mining too, if I use a GPU that is not assigned to monitor. But, I would have to have a very large amount of plots before that may become true, as mining is not as resource demanding as plotting.

• @Propagandalf That's why you enable the integrated GPU and connect your monitor to it. I mean when you use the Dedicated GPU to plot/mine, machine becomes unstable. But performance won't change as integrated will use the CPU resources, or at least that's my case.

• @rnahlawi My mobo or CPU does not have an integrated GPU, that's why I'm using one of my rx 470s for the monitor as well. I agree with what you are saying :)

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.