creepMiner - C++ Burst Miner (based on Uray's Miner)
wanted to share my work on the "creepMiner" with you. The creepMiner is based on Uray's Miner that got reworked on almost every aspect.
Initially, I reworked the Uray Miner because of the unconfirmed deadlines, but later the project began to grow and become really fat and I decided to make it a standalone fork.
- Fixed a bug when transferring nonces to the server
- Added version check
- Added de-/encryption for POST header parameters
Changes from 1.5.0
- Plot dir types
- Fixed a bug while forwarding
- Removed escaping of Slashes in the config (/ -> \/)
- Old logfile is now deleted and merged into the new when the log dir is changed
- Session for Mining-Info is now reconnected when connection got lost
- Additional thread-safety and stability while mining
- Fixed a major bug while mining and the miner got stuck
- Added a default config file that is created on the fly
- Fixed a bug that forces the user to set an url
- More checks for more safety and stability before accessing the wallet
- Added check for new version
- The forwarding feature now only sends nonces if the found nonce is better than the already sent
@Creepsky Trying to run, but not getting past first base. First reported no MSVP140.dll so downloaded and put into directory. Now get Application unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)
Tried on 2 different Win 7 PC's with same result.
I will have a look tomorrow.Looks interesting.
Will this run on Linux, and will it support it OpenCl?
@Tate-A Yes it runs on Linux but you have to compile it (https://github.com/Creepsky/creepMiner/wiki/Compilation-&-Installation).
And yes, OpenCL will be supported soon. If you have a NVidia GPU, you can use the CUDA version (only Windows for now, but soon Linux too).
Will you add a proxy feature like @Blago miner?
If you start a local HTTP server with "Start Server" : true and give him an URL with "serverUrl", you can configure the other miners like the miner with the server running on it is their pool and/or wallet.
It will forward all requests like getMiningInfo, submitNonce, getLastWinner and so on and respond the result back.
i see in the sample configuration file there is 2 different locations for plots is it configurable to 1 plot, and if so, can you please demonstrate with a sample how to do so.
@ZapbuzZ sure, here is an example:
Windows, single plot file:
"plots" : [ "C:\\Plots\\116160098794481202_1886208_411648_6144" ]
Windows, plot dir:
"plots" : [ "C:\\Plots" ]
Linux, single plot file:
"plots" : [ "~/Plots/116160098794481202_1886208_411648_6144" ]
Linux, plot dir:
"plots" : [ "~/Plots" ]
Maybe you find here some more informations: https://github.com/Creepsky/creepMiner/wiki/Setting-up-the-miner
Hope this helps
its great to see a CUDA implementation of burst mining & thanks for help :)
Can this be used for solo mining?
@Caretaker seems can't (yet)
@Caretaker Not yet.
I will release it together with the forward (proxy) function.
What is the maximum cache size this miner is designed to handle?
@ZapbuzZ what do you mean with cache?
in the configuration settings it is predefined as 128mb just wondering if that can be increased and if so is there a maximum
@ZapbuzZ ah ok now I understand.
You can set it as high as you want, but it should be below your RAM capacity. Otherwise the OS will begin to swap and this is reaaaallly really slow.
If you want a little math:
maxBufferSizeMB * miningIntensity + maxBufferSizeMB * count of plot hard disks
but its not 100% correct.
what is miningintensity for ? (last question sorry) :)