NEW BURST LOGO PROPOSAL - VOTE NOW !

• EDIT : link to all the files - https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/3554/burstcoin-branding-logo-material

Hello my fellow Bursters,

As you may know, our current logo is far from being universally liked. It does not have the modern feel we wish for a next-gen cryptocurrency like Burst.

So, in collaboration with @daWallet, I have made a new logo and a new icon that we want to present you today. We wanted to have something minimalistic, eye catching, dynamic and modern. It comes along with the choice of a new darker blue to be the color of Burst.

Images speak louder than words so there you go :

0_1484924392065_Sample.png

You may recognize the icon, we took it from the media collection @daWallet posted a while ago. I basically redid it so we have a vectorized version, and I modified the circle.

If the community accepts these designs, there will be a folder that will be available with everything in .svg (so it is all vectorized), in .png, and also with a quick graphic charter.

That last point is very important. The current use of logos is not professional enough. There are too many different versions of it in different places, and it hurts the visual identity of the coin. We want a corporate identity, with only one or two logos that truly represent us. Logos send a message to the public and an improper use will lead to confusion and overall feel of lack of profesionnalism : this won't reassure investors.
    This is why I included a graphic charter : it is in our best interest to have some guidelines on logo usage. We want Burst to be taken seriously :)

PS : This is not a thread for people to discuss modifications to this new logo. This is only a poll to accept/refuse these designs. We are open to discussion, but it is impossible to be in line with the personal tastes of everyone, especially on this kind of subject.

Thank you

• admin

This thread is open for discussion, don't be shy.

A little history about the logo we are using now: There was someone who made many proposals and there was a short discussion on bitcointalk and not even a serious poll about the current logo we use now. Many people disliked it and making jokes about balls. ^^

A year later or so I added the white circle background to it and changed it to the blue we use now. I just needed an Icon for the Win Client. I'm no graphic designer by any means and I did it out of despair. I'm even not sure if it is really centered.

Nobody else made a serious proposal with guidelines, font types, color palette till now. This is an important step in the right direction and certainly there will be alterations and improvements over time. Logo and Branding do change over time. But if someone wants to improve it, he has to present and package it at least as professional as @Gadrah_ did for us now.

• @Gadrah_ Nice i personally reckon stick with the blue/white version

• @Bitdv Yes this is the "official" one but we also need one in black & white in case color can't be used... like printing for example.

@all Please do not hesitate to express your opinion, and maybe explain your choice if you voted no :)

• I really like these, we should have this as the official logo instead of the one currently used.

• I really like these as well. Should be implemented immediately..:)

• The letter "B" will be difficult when trying to use the word Burst in a headline. Like "In Burst we trust" or something similar. The spacing will be really off between the words and or the frame.

I agree the old logo needs work or thrown in a fire.

I created this awhile back for MikeMike but it was decided it didn't make the cut. The bolt is within the left side of the letter so it willl be easier to space it properly with other letters and words.

alt text

It's not refined and needs some additional work so don't use it please. As of today I don't have anything new ideas to show regarding the new logo.

• Please no more style google or twitter all web pages are the same, all logos are the same ...... in my humble opinion jajajaja.

Sorry for my bad bad english

• @Energy No more style Google??

• @Gadrah_ Just cast my vote..

• @socalguy yes, no more material desing in andorid (google) and Bootstrap (twitter) in the web

• @socalguy A logo is not supposed to be used in a slogan or a headline like "in burst we trust" or similar, it is supposed to stand on its own. The slogan can be of a similar graphical style but I believe the logo does not have its place in it.

• @Energy If you've ever spent hours trying to get a page to look decent on multiple devices with straight CSS, then you'd fall in love with Twitter's Bootstrap like I did. I still detest Twitter though. I hope it dies one day.

"As you may know, our current logo is far from being universally liked. It does not have the modern feel we wish for a next-gen cryptocurrency like Burst."

@Gadrah_ What does the current logo look like? Is it the 'B' at the top of these forums that says Burst - Efficient HDD Mining? I don't see anything wrong with it personally. I assumed that's the current logo, so I voted No, but then I started wondering what did I actually vote for?

Can we see a side by side comparison of the two logos? I'm still pretty new around here and I'm not even sure what they all look like. Rather than a yes/no poll, I suggest showing both logos and having people choose the one they like and not tell them which is new or old. Just my 2 cents.

• @Gadrah_ Very true though it would be nice to use the Burst "B" for other words that begin with "B".

We could even create a new font file and replace the letter "b" with the newly designed letter "b" for Burst.

• @sevencardz
    Yes, perfect I do not criticize it to be used only that I like a little more variety

• @socalguy said in NEW BURST LOGO PROPOSAL - VOTE NOW !:

The letter "B" will be difficult when trying to use the word Burst in a headline. Like "In Burst we trust" or something similar. The spacing will be really off between the words and or the frame.

I agree the old logo needs work or thrown in a fire.

I created this awhile back for MikeMike but it was decided it didn't make the cut. The bolt is within the left side of the letter so it willl be easier to space it properly with other letters and words.

alt text

It's not refined and needs some additional work so don't use it please. As of today I don't have anything new ideas to show regarding the new logo.

I prefer this to those proposed in the voting

• @sevencardz The current logo is the B at the top of the forum. There are different versions of it around the web, sometimes in a white circle, sometimes with a blue circle around it, sometimes accompanied by the "urst" letters after it (like on the login page of the wallet), but for example on the forum it is not the same font that is used for "urst"... There are also a few different versions of Burst shown here : https://forums.burst-team.us/topic/1722/burstcoin-media-collection-for-free-usage. You can also search for "Burstcoin" in google images and you'll see what I mean.

So the goal here is to have a real graphical uniformity. Meaning a single, understandable logo with guidelines that is used everywhere in the same way. This why I have made a complete "Burst" logo that can be used everywhere, along with the B symbol. The goal is for them to replace all the existing different designs.

We recreated a logo from scratch instead of choosing an existing one because we believe they do not feel professional and are not suitable for a cryptocurrency. But as I said in the OP, "it is impossible to be in line with the personal tastes of everyone". Though, many people dislike the current logo and we hope to reach something closer to a consensus with the one we proposed :)

@socalguy Yes we can do that, but I am not convinced it would be the best idea. Keep also in mind that in the graphic charter I included a recommended font for titles and such that keeps the overall spirit of these new designs.

• @socalguy and @Energy I agree on that logo concept. I don't think it looks unprofessional, it has a bit of unique style, and it should not cause spacing issues if used in a font.

@Gadrah_ Great job putting all of this together. I do applaud the effort and the willingness to get community feedback!

• @Gadrah_ I'll support whatever is the final choice.

• @sevencardz In any case I want to criticize the work of anyone, it is a matter of taste not of professionalism

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.