Recommendation for harddisk

• Hello fellow burstminers,

I want to buy a dedicated harddrive for burstmining and for the moment I have 2 choices:

1. Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8 TB
    2. WD My Book 8 TB

Which one do you recommend? Any other harddisks you would recommend?

Also can you keep this type of harddisk running on for 24/7? Or do you need to shut it down from time to time to make sure it does not overheat?

Are you all mining with external harddisks? Or using NAS?

Thank you for your input.

Regards,
    Sven

• admin

@SvenE The WD. The only drives I've had fail have been Seagates.

And yes, you can keep your drives running 24 * 7 without issue.

• Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8 TB is my latest and it is working great. I don't know what to do with the 2 usb ports yet. Keep on thinking of powering a andriuno board to it with win10.

also note the last 2 replacement 8tb internal hard drives from seagate have been working like a charm none stop. They both were replace 4x under warranty and I think they fixed the firmware.

• @Burstde said in Recommendation for harddisk:

I don't know what to do with the 2 usb ports yet.

Have you tried simply connecting more hard drives to those ports, instead of using a separate hub?

• @Propagandalf i tried a laptop hard drive but didn't power up. . Havent had time to continue with experiments. Once I get my adruino board running with win 10 i 'll try different setups then. So far this edison board is more of a pain.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.