XPlotter for optimized plots (CPU)

• Mod

XPlotter - CPU plotter, creates optimized plots.

https://github.com/Blagodarenko/XPlotter/releases

For faster writing you should start plotter with Administrative rights

Usage:

XPlotter_avx.exe -id <ID> -sn <start_nonce> [-n <nonces>] -t <threads> [-path <d:\plots>] [-mem <8G>]

<ID> = your numeric acount id
    <start_nonce> = where you want to start plotting. If this is your first HDD then set it to 0, other wise set it to your last hdd's <start_nonce> + <nonces>
    <nonces> = how many nonces you want to plot - 200gb is about 800000 nonces. If not specified the number of nonces, or it is 0, the file is created on all the free disk space.
    <threads> = how many CPU threads you want to utilise
    -path = the place where plots will be written
    -mem = how much memory you will use

Technical information:
    If not specified the number of nonces, or it is 0, the file is created on all the free disk space.

The calculation of nonces is in <threads>. Parallel computing nonces (after the first iteration) is asynchronously recorded to the drive without using the system write caching (FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING).

If the free RAM is not enough to generate the nonces, the nonces number will be decreased, the number of threads remains unchanged.

When you start the plotter creates an empty file desired size, it prevents a write error if for some reason the drive space is reduced while plotting.

Writes to drive produced in 4096 iterations, of approximately by threads*64KB.

• admin

This is a huge advancement. Thank you very much blago.

• @Blago Great work, can wait to test it. I assume the writing performance would be about the same as wplotgenerator ?

• I appreciate this, @Blago! :)

• Wonderful job, thank you @Blago !!!!
    @RiskyFire I started to test it: same speed of wplotgenerator on /async , but optimized plot as output, it's amazing

• Can't wait to try it out.I should get my new 6tb hdd tomorrow so I will give it a go:)

• @Blago This is nice! It's a pity that for linux these things don't exist :(

• admin

@Blago This is awesome! I'm plotting with it now, on an SMR drive and it's significantly faster than GPUPlotter or wplotgenerator.

Great work, and thank you !

• Now im new to manual plotting so how do i calculate the nonces? i want to plot a 6tb drive on F:

This what i all ready have on plots :
    d: 1507623489964157959_400000001_2852736_2852736
    e: 1507623489964157959_500000001_3793920_3793920
    f: xxxxxxxxxxx

• @Rendavu

XPlotter_avx.exe -id 1507623489964157959 -sn 600000000 -t <CPU_threads> -path F:\

it will fill up your whole free space like this

• Mod

@Rendavu

XPlotter_avx.exe -id 1507623489964157959 -sn 600000000 -n 0 -t 8 -path f:\

-t 8 - change it by your threads (cpu cores)
    -n 0 - it's create nonces at whole free space at drive

• @Rendavu Just use xplotter with start nonce at 600000001to carry on your sequence and then set nonces to zero and it will work out how to fill the drive :-) Like they said above..........

Rich

• @LithStud @Blago @RichBC ok im trying it out now thanks a lot guys!!

• This is great and fast, Thanks!

can you change the amount of RAM to be use?

• I tried the new plotter, found it to be way slower than plotting and optimizing in two steps. I had 2+ hours into a 200GB file and it was showing only 12% of the nonces complete. I used 4 for threads as I have an i5 with 2 cores and 2 threads for 4 total. If I use the old way, it takes about 1.5 hours for a plot and 1.5 hours for an optimize depending on what else is going on in the computer. I'm also mining and transferring files across different drives. For the new plotter, I shut everything down but the Xplotter and was sadly disappointed.

• @rds I did a quick test on a small 48GB file, 14 threads on an old dual Xeon X5560 @ 2.8GHz and it took 22 Minutes at around 11,000 Nonces / Minute. This time and speed is identical to wplotgenerator on the same system plotting directly in 48GB of Ram.

Rich

• hehehe.. i thought its faster because no need to optimized the plot, still better though plot and optimized in one go.

• Really quick 58% , i started 10:24 till now 18:50 0_1482169823231_Knipsel.PNG

Before with wplotgenerator i took me 3 days to plot 6tb (without optimizing), I love this thank you @Blago

• @Rendavu said in XPlotter for optimized plots (CPU):

Really quick 58% , i started 10:24 till now 18:50 0_1482169823231_Knipsel.PNG

Before with wplotgenerator i took me 3 days to plot 6tb (without optimizing), I love this thank you @Blago

i think you're just at .01% of the whole 6TB, that 58% is the amount for that number of nonces (8176) only (600008176 to 600016352)

• @Yey_09 LOL

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.