[ANN] Mining on Amazon Cloud

• @RichBC I think they did a fix in the newest Netdrive version. but I did not bother any more..... just used GoodSync

Uploading big files is a problem with every program. You can read it in quite a few forums.
    But at least with those "verified" Programs you dont get the "in development" speed restriction. unlike "adc-cli", "dokany" and what have you.....

btw. best readspeed for mining I get when packing around 10 files into a separate folder each. I guess Blago miner and also jminer are splitting up processes.

good luck!-) (to me to)

• @nixxda said in [ANN] Mining on Amazon Cloud:

btw. best readspeed for mining I get when packing around 10 files into a separate folder each. I guess Blago miner and also jminer are splitting up processes.

Yes I have something similar, but most of my time has been spent sorting or not the upload process. I am using blago as no GPU on the server I am using. My 2TB run through at 30Mb/s at the moment.

Just downloaded GS so trying geting to grips with that now.

Rich

• @RichBC GS is really nice! So nice that I'm actually think about paying for it!-)
    you only get one sync profile after the 1 Month eval period. So its not really necessary.
    Netdrive2 you have to buy! Speed restriction after eval!

• @nixxda OK GS seems to be working, only thing is it seems a bit slow, only getting 0.8Mb/s as opposed to about 1.9Mb/s?

Rich

• @RichBC said in [ANN] Mining on Amazon Cloud:

@nixxda OK GS seems to be working, only thing is it seems a bit slow, only getting 0.8Mb/s as opposed to about 1.9Mb/s?

Rich

try uploading 2 files at once. only way I can nearly max out my connection.
    and maybe wait a bit. evenings seem to be bad! everybody backing up their server and stuff.

• @nixxda How do you do 2? I just selected a folder and it started on the first file?

• @RichBC said in [ANN] Mining on Amazon Cloud:

@nixxda How do you do 2? I just selected a folder and it started on the first file?

0_1481229480727_Unbenannt.JPG

• @RichBC you don't upload via net drive right after plotting from pc you use the Amazon drive to upload it 49 Gb plots max

Net drives use here is mounting the drive locally to mine after its all done the is my understanding so far I've successfully uploaded two plots in my burst folder on the acd

• @dagentlemang I don't think there is a right or wrong way of doing the upload, it's just a matter of finding what works best for you. I am using netdrive2 to map the drive for mining but have also had succesfull uploads by just doing a file copy to the Amazon Drive folder just the same as if it was on the local machine.

I am now trying GoodSync which was running quite slowly last night, however at the moment, 6:30 in the UK it is maxing my upload connection, which is only 20Mb/s, so it's a slow process.

I have also plotted and uploaded from Amazon EC2 which then gives me a much faster upload, 400Mb/s but it is proving too costly to use with the cost of paying for the Instance and then with a Data transfer fee on top of that.

I am however using the Free t2 micro instance for mining, it is however unsuitable for plotting or uploading as you do not have the memory or disk space needed.

The approach I have had no succes with is using either the "Official" Amazon Deskop or App for the upload!

I think this will be successful, so long as Amazon does not stop this mode of use. My account has now for the second time been locked, but was again unlocked without question. There is obviously something in the Amazon automated system that does not like the usage pattern. I assume this is the mining aspect not the uploads?

Rich

• @CoinBuster I'm interested in 50tb. Can you get back to me about price thanks?

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.