Plot Optimizer v1.6 with GUI 1.0.3-j6jq (Win)

• admin

• admin

Screen:
    0_1459088325179_plot_optimizer_gui.PNG

• Hi. Could you give an 'idiots' guide of how to use this please?

• admin

(Requires Java)

• Download and extract.
    • Double-Click / execute the 'BURST Plot Optimizer GUI 1.0.3.jar' file.
      And the window should open.
    • Select the plot-file that you want to optimize (optimize means, staggersize=number of nonces)
    • Select a target folder.
    • Define amount of memory.
    • Press 'Optimize' button.

• admin

I noticed a little bug ... target has to be a directory just C:/ does not work ... has to be C:/xxx
    I'm currently running multiple instances ... works flawless.

• admin

What does 'optimize' mean?!
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.msg14737678#msg14737678

Just found this nice Image from Blago ...

Normal Plot-File (left) - Optimized Plot-File (right)
    alt text

The Image shows how the data is organized on drive ...

• I notice that you get the option to delete the old plot file. I assume this means that optimizing creates a new plot file? If so, does this mean we will need enough free space to match the old plot file, or is less space than that required?

Is there any point in optimizing them if I have a total read speed of 30-40 seconds for all my plots?

• admin

@Propagandalf Yes, you'd need as much free space as the plot currently occupies, and if you're mining in 30-40 seconds no real need to optimize.

H.

• @haitch Great, thanks for the info!

• Optimizing is great when you mine with cpu. My hp z600 improved quite a bit. There is only one thing that might be a problem to someone new to burstcoin. I noticed that after a plot is optimized the wallet plotter doesnt recognize the plot. So it nice to know how to manually plot a hdd. I figured it out but had a hard time with stagger size and matching it up to how much you want to plot. Now it easy but for a new person another brick wall. The youtube videos are great but we need a guide for dummies that show the calculations as well. Burstcoin is a great coin and have high hope for it!

• @luxe What would be the maximum size of plot. that it could optimize. 1Tb plots?

• admin

There is no limitation. But no big benefit between using 1 file or 10.
    So it is your decision if you create 10x100GB or once 1TB big file.

• @luxe. It shows me error in opening the GUI. '' A Java Exceptional has occured ''

• admin

@rocky This software was not made by me, i just listed it here. So i'm not sure i can help you with this. For me it works flawless with java8 64bit, is you java up-to-date and 64bit? Can you provide more info on that error? Or is there nothing than 'A Java Exceptional has occured' ?

• @tross said:

I noticed that after a plot is optimized the wallet plotter doesnt recognize the plot. So it nice to know how to manually plot a hdd. I figured it out but had a hard time with stagger size and matching it up to how much you want to plot. Now it easy but for a new person another brick wall. The youtube videos are great but we need a guide for dummies that show the calculations as well. Burstcoin is a great coin and have high hope for it!

Are you talking about the miner not recognizing the plots file or the plotter not recognizing the plots file in order to optimize it? I don't understand why you claim we have to manually create plots in connection with optimization.

• @Propagandalf What I mean is after using the wallet gui to plot 1TB Hdd it will start with an unique number. Then when I plot the second Hdd it will use a different starting number like 1,2,3,4 etc. Thus making plots that dont overlap. But when I optimize these plots then add a third hdd I got a problem. When I wanted to use the wallet gui plotter it did not use an unique number cause it couldnt recognize the optimized plots. I was expecting the third hdd plot to start with 3 but it went back to 1 because it thought I had no plots.

Learning people exactly how to manually plot they might understand more about the plots and plot exactly what they want. Its not that hard.

• @tross Ah, now I see what you mean! That can become a problem for sure (if you don't know how to plot manually). I tried setting up GPU plotting once, but for some reason I got an error. It's too long ago, so I don't remember now, but I probably messed up the settings.

By the way, do you know how the wallet gui "remembers" plot files? Does it only remember plots it has created itself, or will it also react to other plotfiles depending on certain criteria? I was thinking that you could create an "empty" plot file with the exact same name as the one you had before optimization, so that you trick the wallet gui to believe that the plot file is still there. I have no idea if it will work or not. :)

• admin

@tross The logic of the Win client:

Mining: It looks for plot files in X:\Burst\plots\ in every existing drive.

Plotting: Start number is the Drive Letter (e.g. C -> 3 , D -> 4) and the size of the existing plots in the folder :\Burst\plots\ of the chosen drive.

• @daWallet I agree I have seen that. I have also seen that if a hdd isnt completely plotted it will start where the other plot left off.

But if you optimize the first plot then it will not be seen by win client. Example I had a 2 TB hdd and I normally make 2 plots.

My plot started 4000000000 but client wanted the next plot to start with 1000000000.

So I took the time to learn to manually plot.

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.