Identity verification.

• admin

@haitch and another provisional verification. @explosive has sent me his ID docs, along with his companies LLC formation docs - they look real to me folks.

0_1500070436615_verified-by-haitch.png

• @haitch

Thanks for your time haitch :)

• @haitch I don't want to be the party pooper here...

but...

when I have extended travels for business I will often have mail and other packages sent to my hotel, no room number or other information indicating its some temporary lodging, and I could photoshop a "copy" of a valid ID to essentially give myself that address... and before saying the hotel would have my identity, I can leave a note at the front desk letting them know I am expecting a letter for "x" name and they will send it to my room, but now it won't be attached to my name in any computer database, its literally just a sticky note most often on the front desk...

its not that I am trying to ruin this, I am just adding that "take it with a grain of salt" for people who think this is some sort of guarantee... I will say this is likely a trusted method as scammers likely wouldn't go to great lengths to fake it all, but when money becomes involved, they will find cheap easy ways just to do exactly that... when I've been in computer cafe's around asia, some of them actually serve as mail hubs for people, and their "home address" is literally that cafe they visit daily... I found that out when I needed to send a package and was sent to the local cafe because many of them handle more than just computers and drinks, they do mail and other things, since people will use the computers and have packages shipped there since they are unable to have packages sent to their dwelling...

I'm trying to think of a good cheap easy way to offer identity verification, but today, I can think of easy ways to circumvent just about all of them, its more difficult in person but even then, its not that hard for someone to get false documents in just about every country around the globe... it takes a lot of balls to walk into some of the government buildings to do it and take the risk, but a photocopy is easy to fake...

sadly I don't know how to add value to this, just me poopoo'ing on it... which I hate...

• @Darkbane i think @haitch can do a short video call to verify that it is really the same person, and while in video call the person needs to show the original document that was sent to haitch plus show other documents to prove he really live in that address(electricity bill etc) i really dont know this is just a suggestion. i know it is a long shot and time consuming but to make sure it is not faked i think it is worth to try.

• @progryu009gaijin said in Identity verification.:

@Darkbane i think @haitch can do a short video call to verify that it is really the same person, and while in video call the person needs to show the original document that was sent to haitch plus show other documents to prove he really live in that address(electricity bill etc) i really dont know this is just a suggestion.

well I agree this would be another method, likely quicker and realistically as secure as the other mail method, but even this can be faked, it would still be the same photoshopped picture, except this time I got it laminated at the local office store for a dollar, so now it looks official more so than it did before... short of having a license in your hand to examine it, and knowing exactly what each specific state or countrys license requires or has for fraud prevention, this is just a monumental task...

like I said, I've sat down and tried to come up with ways while pondering this, which would provide the security and identity we seek, problem is, I can fake all of the ideas I come up with without having physical original documents in hand and access to the needed databases to verify the information... like if I had access to the drivers license database, most states now display photos of the driver when a lookup is performed, but many states don't give open access to this database for obvious reasons, some restrict it entirely to law enforcement only, others require a fee and for you to provide your own license thats verified before complying...

its just a mess to really do it with any certainty, but even then, its so easy to get a fake drivers license in america, just ask all the illegals who use forged documents to get american documents, its a shame but it happens on a regular basis, especially when they've shown how easy it is to get all the other documents you need to get a license WITHOUT a photo ID, which then gets you a REALLY good fake ID issued from the actual agency in charge of validating your identity to begin with!

I'm still thinking about it, trying to come up with a good way...

• admin

@progryu009gaijin To get verified they need to show they have the envelope - that means they have at least some association to the address. Then they have to provide documentation linking them to that address. The docs might be faked, but to get the envelope there is a physical address that they can be linked to, and is a starting point for tracing them.

• @haitch said in Identity verification.:

@progryu009gaijin To get verified they need to show they have the envelope - that means they have at least some association to the address. Then they have to provide documentation linking them to that address. The docs might be faked, but to get the envelope there is a physical address that they can be linked to, and is a starting point for tracing them.

perhaps a quick google maps on your end just to show the location is not a business of some sorts, an office store with mailboxes that appear to be a home address, or a cafe, or hotel in my case... just to add another layer... I'm sure the folks haven't faked it, as the theft value I don't think is high enough yet to bring the very elaborate scammers, but I'm always thinking of the future... paranoia is fun and bad!

• @haitch you are not replying i pm you whats happening in my verification process?

• admin

@dvndr007 Didn't see any PM. Envelope has been sent, wait for it to arrive.

• @haitch i messaged you alot you are not getting any? i provide you my contact no plz mention that on envelop coz here post mans are lazy they call and we have to tell them where to come or have to contact them at post office without contact no its less chance to recieve it!!

• @haitch can you provide me a pic or details what you write on envelop through PM plz?

• @haitch is there any online verification too for fast process??

• @dvndr007 Please stop posting in this thread with unnecessary posts. Posting over and over again isn't going to make the process go any faster. You're more than welcome to post every hour on the hour in your asset thread. Or PM hatich. :)

• @socalguy Nothing is unnecessary what you see unnecessary here.He is not getting my PM then where should i ask about verification process??

• @dvndr007 @socalguy smile ^_^ guys,

dvndr007 the process of verification will not change, all verified users did the process stated by @haitch so you just need to wait brother^_^ i know the feeling of waiting game, it is a slow process but be patient. cheers to both of you.

• @progryu009gaijin its last option to wait bcoz every country is not same that mail system is too complicated its better if we add online process too for verification only for those where mailing is not working i am ready to wait one month what if after one month i wont get envelop or misplaced then again one month ??

• @dvndr007 i think some verified people encountered difficulties too(although i dont know what part) but im sure some people did.

dont take me wrong but this is just my personal opinion, dont you think it is unfair to verified people who have gone through the slow process if haitch will make an exception?
    but if haitch will add such process(eg online processing) then i think people wouldnt mind it.

im not against you or anything im just stating what people may think as they have gone through the slow process.
    but you can suggest that to haitch and if he approve it then so be it ^_^ take it easy brother and smile!cheers

• admin

@progryu009gaijin What I do for non-USA people is accept a picture of their ID verifying their address along side the envelope - that way they don't need to wait for return mail, but they do need to get the envelope I send out.

• admin

And another one joins the verified ID club - thanks @Valareos

0_1500343626878_verified-by-haitch.png

• @haitch There seems to be some issue with the uploading of images.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.