new miner with ??'s

• @Gibsalot Hi again, you do not need to build the GPU plotter unless you are using Linux, in windows just run the exe with the correct parameters. First you need to configure your GPU device, to do this run "gpuPlotGenerator setup". Add your device and then save. Accepting the suggested defaults usually works. Then run the plotter , comand format: gpuPlotGenerator generate buffer <your wallet address><start nonce><number of nonces>_<stagger size> Example : gpuPlotGenerator.exe generate buffer 987654321_0_10000_1000 (this will generate a plot for address 987654321 in buffer mode with a starting nonce of 0 for 10,000 nonces using a stagger size of 1000). There are more tips on using the gpu plotter in the readme file. If you still have questions just ask.

• i have no gpuPlotGenerator setup .. only the gpuplotgenerator.exe 0_1476323749028_Untitled.png

• ok went back to the built in ploter in the win all in one and going to plot my 5TB HDD in 3 = plot's of 1508GB each that should get my plot time down enough to avoid crashing issues ... when i tryed full 5TB at 28% complet my GF turned the computer off :( restarted it 2nd time Win did updates and restarted itself at 40% complet .... changed seting's to stop that and this time it crashed and froze at 19% complet :( ....... just did update check on everything reformated HDD restarted the comp and started ploting agin with smaller file size this time

• @Gibsalot setup is a command parameter. gpuPlotGenerator <space> setup

• im back i got alot farther this time. now im getting an error msg can anyone tell me why or what i have wrong ? when trying to launch gpu ploter it starts its thing then it kicks back with [ERROR][-61][CL_INVALID_BUFFER_SIZE] Unable to create the OpenCL GPU buffer 0_1476405703179_error msg.png

• @Gibsalot Try this "gpuPlotGenerator generate buffer D:\plots\<your account id>_0_100000_1000" (note the underscores are neccessary) if it works then try increasing the stagger size. If you are still getting the error, edit the devices.txt and reduce the globalWorkSize.

• buffer error gone but have new error [ERROR] Invalid parameters count at line [1]
    nevermind played with the numbers no longer geting the count at line 1 error ... now im geting invalid file name .........

• @Gibsalot post a screenshot please

• 0_1476451524115_error invalid.png

• update i got it working it was literly the space i had betwen plot file location and my account numeric ID ... its nice went from avrage 900 nonce a min with CPU right now im geting 18000 -20000 nonce a min

• I have been having an 'Inconsistency ...' error while trying to plot a 5TB drive, but need direction for Linux Ubuntu 14.04 system. I have an explanation under Mining and Plotting/Inconsistent Error ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• This post is deleted!

• have not seen anyone post about it anyplace and not sure if it's the same for everyone but im my case ploting 3 dif HDD's with GPU ploter the <number of nonces> 100,000 is = to 24GB of space used... using that its easy to figure up a <number of nonces> to make a plot file the size you want.

• admin

@Gibsalot

Nonces_to_plot = Round_Down(( disk_size_in bytes / 262144) / stagger ) * Stagger

That will get you the exact number of nonces to fill a specific free space.

• @iKnow0
    Hi can you help me
    I have a i7 6700K 4.00GHz
    8 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 950 2GB

What can I change to get faster ploting??

Thank you!!

• @dfmd1987 Sure, I will try.

More details please...

What plot speed are you currently getting?
    Which plotter are you using?
    What type of disk are you plotting? SMR, PMR or other??
    What is disk interface? LAN, USB 3.0, SATA ??

• @iKnow0
    What plot speed are you currently getting? I´m really not sure, where can I get that information in my PC?

Which plotter are you using? I´m using Burst Client Win v0.3.9.7 to plot my hard drive (Wich program is better?)

What type of disk are you plotting? SMR, PMR or other?? **I have two: WD My Book 8TB USB 3.0 ** (Which hard drive its better - Brand and capacity?)

What is disk interface? LAN, USB 3.0, SATA ?? Im using 3.0 (Which interface its better?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN HELP ME!!!

• @dfmd1987 The plot speed is expressed in nonces per minute , since you are a beginner just stick with the Burst Client to plot the drives. There is a learning curve to Burst, so read up in the mining and plotting section of the forum. There are faster methods for plotting, GPU but it is not as user friendly. Plotting takes time but you only have to do it once.

• @dfmd1987 even on a comp that can plot (fast) an 8TB drive will take a few days to fully plot. the good news is you only have to plot 1 time each drive after that is easy mining.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.