Android Mining Beta Testing - Become a Tester!

• admin

Hi,

after weeks of closed beta testing, we are now inviting our bravest Burst miners to try out our newest Android App version.

The App writes Plots in 1 GB chunks with a very low stagger. Due to the characteristics of SD Cards (flash memory) a high stagger is not necessary.

It's still in beta but my miner is running stable more than 10 days now with a 128 GB SD Card on an elderly Android phone. It found 85 Burstcoins so far.

Features:

• Claiming Burst in the Faucet got way easier
    • Plotting and mining at the same time is possible.
    • Mining is multi core

Issues:

• Phone may fall asleep and stop mining (Workaround: Change option: Stay awake during recharging)
    • Plotting is only possible with 1 Core at the moment and take quite long for 1 GB.
    • Use a new Account for Beta testing! Don't plot for your regular mining Account.
    • Don't login with your main mining Account in the App, it may change your reward recipient.

Here you can get and try out the beta version:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/burstcoin.com.burst

The app will change reward assignment automatically to mine on our beta mobile pool, so fill your new account up with some Burst from a faucet before!

http://mpool.burst-team.us:8080/ (This pool is only for phone users - others will get kick banned and filled up with Hot Potato Assets) ;)

Thanks to IceBurst who wrote all the new code and made Burst future proof. Now two billion people on the world can use and participate in Burst.

The source code is available here: https://github.com/IceBurst/Burst

• @daWallet said in Android Mining Beta Testing - Become a Tester!:

Hi,

after weeks of closed beta testing, we are now inviting our bravest Burst miners to try out our newest Android App version.

The App writes Plots in 1 GB chunks with a very low stagger. Due to the characteristics of SD Cards (flash memory) a high stagger is not necessary.

It's still in beta but my miner is running stable more than 10 days now with a 128 GB SD Card on an elderly Android phone. It found 85 Burstcoins so far.

Features:

• Claiming Burst in the Faucet got way easier
    • Plotting and mining at the same time is possible.
    • Mining is multi core

Issues:

• Phone may fall asleep and stop mining (Workaround: Change option: Stay awake during recharging)
    • Plotting is only possible with 1 Core at the moment and take quite long for 1 GB.
    • Use a new Account for Beta testing! Don't plot for your regular mining Account.
    • Don't login with your main mining Account in the App, it may change your reward recipient.

Here you can get and try out the beta version:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/burstcoin.com.burst

The app will change reward assignment automatically to mine on our beta mobile pool, so fill your new account up with some Burst from a faucet before!

http://mpool.burst-team.us:8080/ (This pool is only for phone users - others will get kick banned and filled up with Hot Potato Assets) ;)

Thanks to IceBurst who wrote all the new code and made Burst future proof. Now two billion people on the world can use and participate in Burst.

The source code is available here: https://github.com/IceBurst/Burst

Amazing work, will download the app on bluestacks for emulation, i work as a tester so this should be fun :D If any bugs are found, do i report them here?

• admin

@RaidBoss Yes any suggestions and bugs please report here.

• I was testing myself and this is real great! I just wish i had a bigger SD card xD 1.8Gb LOL
    But thanks to @IceBurst for that wonderfull code and @daWallet for letting me help testing!

• @daWallet @IceBurst Hey guys! Sony Xperia L here. Account created and activated. But after successful login, by hitting the plotting button the app continues to ask me for log into my account to obtain my Burst ID...any idea? There's no flash in this phone (so is not possible copy the ID to the clipboard), could this be the problem?

• @Dario's-wallet I don't have flash either and it worked for me... Although i have Java installed, i don't know if it matters xD Just used the F-Droid to do so... Samsung Galaxy GrandPrime here

• @Dario's-wallet said in Android Mining Beta Testing - Become a Tester!:

pp continues to ask me for log into my account to obtain my Burst ID...any idea? There's no flash in this phone (so is not possible copy t

I'm guessing you are on Android 4.4 or earlier. Sorry we don't currently support these earlier version (but it's on my road map to fix). The problem resides in the fact that Android does not support HTML DOM v3 in these early models. I'm working on getting DOM v2 to work for earlier phones. Let me know if you are on 5.1 or newer and then it's something else.

Thanks,

-IceBurst

• @IceBurst I was on 4.4.4 and worked good!

• In fact my android is 4.2.2. @IceBurst @gpedro thanks guys, you're always fantastic! ;-)

• Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with Android 6.0.1 here.
    When I try to start mining it say 4 confirmations remaining, i wait and it drops correctly, then it seems that it's mining, but I never find my address in mobile.burst-team.us also if I click the back button it asks me to login again, when I go back to the mining, it start all over again, always asking for 4 confirmations and does the same over and over.

• admin

@Zeus You need a deadline below 2 years to get listed on http://mobile.burst-team.us:8080 (Port is important!). With 10 GB you should get listed sooner or later. Good luck.

• @daWallet hahaha my deadline is of 42 years, I'm just trying with 1 GB so it's normal then :P

• I am having a bit of a problem with the app it is not showing my SD card it is trying to use my internal memory, is there any way to switch to my SD card

• @abansb Does your SD card has more than 1GB of free space? The app will just show the bigger device storage...

• yes I have 29.71 GB free

• @abansb I had a problem with one SD card of mine that was not showing in there too... @daWallet and @IceBurst already know about that... And i tried to format the card in the PC in various formats and format in the mobile too and nothing changed... I guess it's the earlyer code, that's the reason for the beta tests, just caught this kind of things?! They will fix it soon for sure... You could leave your Android Version, that will possible help them out...

• @gpedro thanks

• Problem finding the sdcards on the Transformer pad TF101. The wallet automatically goes to the main flash drive (full) . No way to point it to the other sd card slots similar to windows c:\ D:\ etc to plot file to

now working as of last update*****

• I'm running android CM 6.0.1 on a Note 3. When I try to plot i get the error "ERROR IN POWERMANAGER".

I have messed around with all the battery power settings I can find but it doesn't help.

I hope this helps.

• Joined! I have about 35GB free, let see how it works for me. I will update if something error happen.

Looks like your connection to Burst - Efficient HDD Mining was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.